I am SO glad the weather is finally turning cooler (and staying that way)! Besides the weather turning cooler, one of the things I love most about this time of year is the number of crock pot meals I can get away with making in a week. In the summer, my family may tolerate one or two crock pot meals every couple of weeks. In the fall, I can make way more then that and they are still happy. That makes me happy! 🙂
If you are not sure what to make in the crock pot or if you need more crock pot meals to choose from to make your life easier, I’ve put a list together of some of my family’s favorites.
They may become your family’s favorites, too.
1. Just ask my husband or my kids, probably my most favorite thing to add to meat is Balsamic vinegar. I just love the taste of it. It makes such a great marinade for the grill, but it is also great to cook with in the crock pot. If I am stuck with what to throw in the crock pot for dinner, I will often times cook this Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken.
2. Have you ever made spaghetti sauce in the crock pot? It is so easy and its delicious. Try my Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce recipe here. All you have to do is cook up some noodles when you are ready to eat and dinner is ready!
3. If you are looking for a meat and potatoes type recipe, try this Crock pot Pork Chop Dinner with potatoes and carrots. Sometimes my family wants something different then chicken and ground beef in a crock pot meal so they love it when I make this.
4. Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken sandwiches are one of the crock pot meals I can get away with making in the summertime. However, my family likes these sandwiches so much they ask me to make them throughout the year.
5. Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings is delicious! I always need to make wine with a few extra dumplings because they go fast with my family. This is a hearty recipe that will warm you up from your head to your toes.
6. I love this Sweet and Tangy Crock Pot Chicken. I first made this a few years ago and I loved how you can take the “same old chicken” and add a few different ingredients to make a completely different flavor. If you are tired of crock pot chicken, this recipe will wake your tastes buds back up!
7. Try this Crock Pot Italian Pork Chop dinner this fall. After a busy day, you can serve this delicious meal. Your family will not believe that you made it in the crock pot! This takes no time to put in the crock pot in the morning.
8. My family loves these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes! I usually make a double batch so we can eat some for dinner one night and then I’ll put the extras in the freezer for another night. Talk about easy.
9. Several years ago I made this Crock Pot Taco Chicken completely by accident. I was going to make Salsa Chicken, but I didn’t have all of the ingredients, so I just improvised. It was then that Crock Pot Taco Chicken was born! I am so glad, because we love this recipe. We like to eat this with tortillas or tortilla chips.
10. I love it when I can find pork marked for quick sale at Sam’s. The last time I found some for cheap I bought a bunch! These Delicious Crock Pot Pork Chops are some of my favorite. This recipe has several different ingredients, but you will likely find them all just sitting in your pantry. This also makes its own delicious gravy! We love eating these with mashed potatoes.
11. Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie is probably one of our family’s favorites! It is delicious and comforting and of course, easy. We like to make crescent rolls to eat with it. I usually have to make a big batch otherwise we don’t have enough for seconds (and thirds). 😉
12. If you want a hearty and versatile crock pot meal, try this Crock Pot Baked Pasta with Meatballs. This recipe only calls for 4 ingredients (talk about easy), but there a lot of different ways to change this recipe up. My family loves it when I add a little pepperoni with the meatballs.
13. I don’t cook a lot of steak in the crock pot, but when I do, I usually make this Tangy Crock Pot Steak. The cheaper cuts of steak work great in this recipe because they fall apart so nicely in the crock pot. This steak has a terrific flavor (and I love the onions, too).
14. Crock Pot Taco Salad is another very easy meal that is popular with the kids. I tend to make this when we are getting to the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips. We make our “bed” of chips for the taco salad out of the crumbs from the bottom of the bag – you know the ones that don’t normally get eaten.
15. Since we’re talking tacos, I just had to share the BEST recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. The chicken in this recipe can basically be used for so many different dinners! If you aren’t in the mood for tacos (as if), you can use this chicken in quesadillas, burritos or just serve it over rice. This recipe only has THREE ingredients, so it is super easy.
16. I have been making Crock Pot Chicken and Zucchini for a long time. I love it because I can make it quickly and easily in the Crock Pot, but it isn’t a really heavy meal. We love to eat this before soccer or other sports practice. This is a great recipe for fall, too, when it may still be warm outside.
17. Sweet Crock Pot Roast is another nice recipe to make in the fall. I don’t buy a lot of roast, but when I find some cheap meat marked down, I know I can make this recipe and my family will enjoy it. We love to eat this over rice.
18. I like to make this Crock Pot Italian Chicken Dinner because it cooks up a delicious side, right in the crock pot. Red potatoes are my favorite to use in this recipe, but if you only have regular potatoes, they work well, too. This is one of those crock pot meals that look and taste like it was cooked in the oven.
19. This Crock Pot and Baked Chicken Taquitos recipe makes so much that I have enough for dinner one night and enough to freeze for dinner another night. These taquitos are great to eat for dinner (with a salad), plus they also work great as an appetizer to take to a football game.
20. Finally, try this delicious Ground Turkey Chili recipe. Don’t be scared off by the ground turkey. I make this all of the time and my family could not tell you if there was beef or turkey in this chili. The flavors are great and this is very easy to make. I make this a lot during the winter months because it is such a comforting meal.
If you love these Crock Pot recipes and would like to see more, check out more crock pot meals here.
What are your “go-to” crock pot meals? I would love to try your favorite recipes.