Happy Father’s Day Quotes
Save this list of Happy Father’s Day Quotes to use with homemade cards. 15 of the Best Father’s Day quotes to use for cards, DIY projects and more.
Happy Father’s Day Quotes
Do you love making cards as much as my family? We love to make Dad a card for Father’s day.
I thought we would give you a list of some great quotes that you could add to your Homemade cards to make them even more special!
You don’t need to spend a ton of money at the store. Just use one of these thoughtful quotes to make a homemade card or gift.
How to use Father’s Day quotes
We love making thoughtful homemade gifts for Father’s Day. The time and effort spent making these gifts always mean so much.
Handmade gifts are timeless and make cherished keepsakes for years to come. If you are looking for ideas, try some of these quotes for Father’s Day.
There is a pretty good selection so everyone should be able to find something that resonates with their family. Take a look and let your child decide which one to use.
Some of our favorite ideas to use these quotes include:
- Cards. You can use markers, crayons or colored pencils to hand write one of these quotes. No need to spend tons of money at the card store. A homemade card will mean so much more and these quotes will add the final touch.
- Artwork. Encourage your child to draw a picture. Next, choose a quote and write it somewhere on the picture.
Frame this for an awesome gift. Don’t forget to have your child sign and date it.
- Bookmark. Use cardstock to make a bookmark for dad. Add one of these quotes and let your child color around it.
- Framed Quote. Type your favorite quote and print it out. Frame it and give it to Dad for a great gift. You can find frames very inexpensive at your local dollar stores.
- Book. Let your child make a book using printer paper. They can write one of the quotes and color on the alternate pages. Staple the book together or use ribbon.
Let each child add some of their favorite things about Dad to list in the book. This is sure to be a special keepsake.
All of these would make a great gift for Father’s Day. Plus, you are saving money too. You might even want to make several of these ideas.
Just don’t forget to write your child’s age and date somewhere on the project. This will make the keepsake even more special. As they get older, it will be fun to look back on each Father’s Day DIY.
Whatever DIY you decide to make, I know it will be so thoughtful and meaningful for Dad on Father’s Day.
The Best Father’s Day quotes
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. – Jim Valvano
2. The greatest thing a father can do for his children, is to love their mother. – Theodore Hesburgh
3. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. – Sigmund Freud
4. My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
5. Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby
6. Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child
7. The greatest gift I ever had Came from God; I call him Dad! ~Author Unknown
8. Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. ~Red Buttons
9. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. – Billy Graham
10. A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
11. I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father’s life. – Sidney Poitier
12. A Father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. – author unknown
13. A father is a banker provided by nature. – French Proverb.
14. Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. – Ruth e. Renkel.
15. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who things he’s wrong.- Charles Wadsworth.
Which Quote is your favorite?
There are so many tid bits and scraps of wisdom gained over the years from fathers. Feel free to add some of your own quotes and thoughts.
Fathers teach us so many things. As you look back over the years, you will often see that they teach us at odd times. In those moments that you think you are just having fun, they are really teaching life lessons.
These lessons and memories will last for years to come and get passed from generation to generation.
These quotes will help to show how much you appreciate the father in your life.
Make a homemade gift today.
Get creative with your card or other projects. These handmade gifts are extra special. You might want to get a box so that you can keep all of these wonderful projects in year after year.
Once your child has grown up, it will be nice to have everything in one place. You will have such a special box full of memories.
Please leave a comment letting us know what you decided to make for Dad. We love hearing all about your projects and ideas.