Did you know you can make your own homemade baby wipes? These DIY Baby wipes are so crazy easy to make you might just be mad at yourself for not doing it sooner. Give it a try and see how easy it is with only 4 ingredients.
Homemade baby wipes
You might be wondering why you should make your own homemade baby wipes but if you have a little one with sensitive skin, this is a no brainer. My youngest has very sensitive skin.
He would have a skin reaction anytime we used anything except for the most sensitive wipes, baby wash, or laundry detergent. If you have a little one like that you know it can get very expensive.
Even now that my youngest is 5, he still breaks out on his face so we use these easy homemade baby wipes instead of the store bought ones. Once you get the hang of it, it is so easy to make these.
Natural DIY baby wipes:
Since even the most sensitive wipes would still cause a reaction in my little one, I had to find something better. What is better then homemade baby wipes? The ingredients are simple and gentle and natural.
I love that you know exactly what is in these homemade baby wipes. Even better? These are very easy to make!
Whether sensitive baby wipes are a need in your home or you just prefer to keep things simple and make them yourself, try these homemade baby wipes.
Let’s learn how to make homemade baby wipes!
Materials needed for homemade baby wipes solution:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- roll of Viva Paper Towels
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- old baby wipes container with lid
- 2 tablespoons Baby wash
Check out this video to see how to make Homemade Baby Wipes that you can make for less!
How to make baby wipes:
1. Using my longest knife, I cut the Viva paper towel roll in half (or close enough). You only need half right now. You can save the other half for next time.
2. Place the paper towels in the baby wipes container. I placed mine cut side down so its easier to pull the wipes out later – plus it gives a cleaner look.
4. The paper towel roll will immediately look water logged. Press the paper towels down with your palm, just so the height is equal the height of the container. Place the lid on top of the container. DO NOT pull out the cardboard center yet. Trust me, it will tear and make a mess. Don’t do it yet.
5. Once the lid is on the container, turn it upside down. You can put a towel underneath if you like. I did not have any trouble with the liquid leaking out. Let sit upside down for about 10 minutes.
6. After about 10 minutes, flip your baby wipes container right side up and remove the lid. Pull up on the cardboard tube in the center of the paper towels. Pull it out slowly so you don’t rip it.
7. As you pull the tube out, the paper towel from the center should pop up, too. If it doesn’t the center should be pretty easy to find. Pull out the center paper towel so it sticks out.
8. Place the lid back on the wipes container. Pull the wipe through the lid and you are good to go!
You definitely want to make homemade baby wipes viva paper towels version.
These are very simple materials. I prefer to use Viva paper towels because they are oh so soft.
I have read that some people use Bounty or Brawny, but I prefer Viva. These can be expensive so I try to stock up when I see a good deal on Amazon or with my printable coupons.
How to store diy baby wipes castile soap.
I also like to reuse an old baby wipes container. I have used other containers, but they really do a good job at keep the wipes moist and it is easy to get the wipes out of them with only one hand.
If you don’t have an old one, Amazon actually has some nice containers you can use here.
Are baby wipes safe?
Yes, these are perfectly safe! You won’t find any hard to pronounce ingredients in these wipes.
Homemade baby wipes vs store bought:
Think about the ingredients in these gentle and natural baby wipes. Unlike store bought wipes, you know what exactly are in these wipes.
Can you flush baby wipes?
Just like store bought baby wipes, I would not try to flush these. I would simply toss them just like you would “regular” baby wipes. However, these easy homemade baby wipes are normal to us now.
Is it cheaper to make your own baby wipes?
A regular container of baby wipes is going to cost you around $2 per container – possibly more if you are buying name brand and not shopping the sales.
You can snag Viva paper towels for less than $1 per roll. Since you get 2 containers per roll that is only $.50 per homemade baby wipes container. Baby wash is pretty inexpensive and since you are using so little of the wash and coconut oil, we are going to round up and say $.50.
That means this cost you only $1 per container to make. However, if you are using coupons and shopping the sales, you will be able to make these for even less!
How long do homemade baby wipes last?
They should last about 3 weeks. However, we use a ton of them so we are normally finished with them long before that.
Make these DIY baby wipes today!
You will love how soft and smooth they are. My babies are not babies anymore, but I still keep these on hand in the kitchen and in the car for sticky fingers and messy faces. 🙂
Do you have a little one with sensitive skin? Or do you want to save a few bucks? Make sure you make these easiy DIY baby wipes. I think you will be surprised how easy they are to make.
Tip for making DIY products at home:
Make a plan of what you want to make and get started. Don’t get overwhelmed and try do it all at once.
When we first started trying to incorporate these products, I only did one or two at a time.
It was a little daunting looking at the price tag of purchasing these products at the store. Now, I can have natural products at home for a fraction of the cost!
I know my family is using really good products and that makes me feel good as a Mom! Life is so busy but these natural remedies really do take very little time to make.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised how quick and easy it is to make your own products at home. There are so many great products to make and try!
Let us know how it goes for you. You will love using all these great natural products.
Sometimes, just one. I just did what time and budget allowed. Before long, I had a long list of products we had made!
I try to let the kids help as much as possible. It is truly a family event and we have a blast.
Not only have we made precious memories but have a lot of products to use that benefit our family.
You also don’t have to spend tons of time or money on the best all natural deodorant. This Homemade Deodorant Recipe is very simple to make and you know exactly what is in it.
Try this DIY Bug Spray that works wonders and you do not have to worry about harsh chemicals. It’s very simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
There are tons of jojoba oil uses that you need to know to improve your hair, skin and more.
Find over 20 diy sugar scrubs that are luxurious and gift worthy! These are all so amazing.
Try some of these 20 popular baby oil uses.
Try our other diy baby products:
Try these other natural ideas:
- Jojoba oil uses
- Honey Body Wash
- The Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo
- 6 Amazing Essential Oil Blends for Allergies
- All Natural Cocoa Lip Balm
- Essential Oils for Hair Growth
- The Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo
- 25 of the Best Natural Moisturizers
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar DIY Body Scrub
- DIY Shaving Cream for Women
- 10 Uses for Vinegar to help save you money
- 20 of the Best Natural Moisturizer Ideas
- How to make makeup remover wipes