Gather the kids and make these cool DIY Bouncy Balls! They are going to have a blast learning how to make a bouncy ball. Even better, they glow in the dark! They will go crazy over these cool glow in the dark bouncy balls!
DIY Bouncy Balls
All kids love bouncy balls! What could be better than that? Well glow in the dark balls! These are so cool and very simple to make. This recipe makes 2 bouncy balls and will provide so much fun. Kid’s will play with these for hours especially since they glow!
We learned how to make a homemade bird feeder out of milk cartons last week and now it’s time to learn how to make bouncy balls! We are having so much for crafting and spending time together! So many precious memories being made! The kids love all these fun DIY ideas.
Tip to make Glow in the dark bouncy balls:
The more you play with these, the better they work! You need to play with them and keep rolling them into a ball a lot. Bounce, roll into ball, bounce, roll into a ball. The kids can help with this. They will enjoy playing with them and “helping” the glow in the dark balls to take shape. They will flatten a bit if you let them set, so the more you can work them the better. It’s also very important to store the bouncy balls in an airtight bag.
Your kids will have a blast helping and it’s even more fun that they glow in the dark! It doesn’t seem to matter how old your kids are, bouncy balls are always fun and even the older kids love them. I’m pretty sure since they glow in the dark, they will be a hit with everyone.
Let’s get started learning how to make bouncy balls!
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon borax powder
- 2 tablespoons white school glue
- 2 teaspoons glow in the dark acrylic paint (we used Americana Glow in the Dark Paint)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make this DIY Bouncy Balls!
How to make a bouncy ball:
1. In a small bowl add hot water and borax power. Stir until you dissolve the borax(or almost).
2. In a separate small bowl, add glue and paint and mix well.
3. Add cornstarch to the borax water and mix well. Pour in the glue to the cornstarch mixture. You will see the glue mixture become a hard glob and not mix well with the borax water.
4. Knead the glob with your fingers, while in the water, removing any bubbles and mixing thoroughly.
5. Remove from the water and knead in your hands.
6. Divide the material in half and shape it into a ball by rolling into your hands. Continue to roll and shape for a significant amount of time, I’d say at least 20-30 minutes. The longer the better. Bounce the ball and reshape if necessary.
7. Store in an airtight container or your ball will dry and crack.
Makes 2 balls.
Isn’t this bouncy ball recipe easy?
Kid’s will absolutely love making their very own bouncy ball! They are so much fun to play with at night since they glow in the dark. So cool! This DIY idea also makes a pretty cool science experiment too! Their friends will think it’s so cool and likely ask you how do you make a bouncy ball? Now you can share with them how simple it is. These would make cool party favors or something to hand out in lieu of all that candy. I know that my kids get way too much candy and this would be very fun and practical. We have been to Easter egg hunts before where they put bouncy balls inside the eggs instead of candy. The kids didn’t miss the candy at all and were thrilled. So that is another idea!
Now that you know how to make glow in the dark bouncy balls, the kid’s will ask to make them all the time!
You might also like to try DIY Glow Bubbles Recipe. That looks really neat and something fun to add to your Summer fun list! Kids just love toys that glow in the dark.
We also like these 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors). There are so many ideas that are perfect for days that are rainy or it’s too hot outside to play. It will help the kids from getting bored and going stir crazy. Mom will be happy too because the kids won’t be complaining that they are bored. 🙂 I try to keep a running list of things the kids love to do that don’t require a huge mess or expensive supplies. It’s handy to be able to pull these ideas out in a pinch. My kids also still love to color so that is a favorite too! What are your go to activities to keep the kids entertained? I’m always looking for new ideas!
Have fun making these glow in the dark balls!
They are sure to be a hit with kids. Let us know how they turn out. I’m sure everyone will have a blast making these fun glow in the dark balls!
Learn how to make crayons shaped like mermaid tails! This DIY is so simple to make. The kids are going to go crazy over these fun mermaid crayons!
Also, try making these Homemade Starfish Bath Bombs with the easiest Bath Bomb Recipe. So fun and cute!
This cool volcano experiment for kids will leave everyone amazed.
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- 12 Water Bottle Crafts
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- 15 Thanksgiving Craft Ideas
- 15 Back to School Crafts for Kids
- 25 Adorable Seashell Crafts for Kids
- How to make a Sock Puppet