Eliminate Static Cling in the dryer with an easy trick. Learn how to use balls of aluminum foil to reduce static cling.
What causes static in a dryer
While wet clothes tumble in the dryer, they are constantly touching. The negatively charged and positively charged electrons attract each other. This causes the clothes to stick to each other resulting in static in clothes.
Today, we are talking about how to eliminate static cling. Oh, don’t you hate it when you want to wear your favorite dress or cardigan but it keeps “sticking” to you.
Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. Here is a super easy trick. You can use Aluminum Foil to Eliminate static electricity when drying clothes.
Benefits of aluminum foil balls:
- Reduces drying time. The balls help to separate clothes which speeds along drying times.
- Saves money. You do not need to buy special wool dryer balls or anti static dryer balls. Foil is cheap and works great.
- Reduces Static buildup. Eliminates the electrical charge and provides static free clothes.
- Aluminum Foil. We used heavy duty foil because I wanted a sturdier piece of foil. However, I am sure any kind will do.
How to eliminate static in dryer
- Step 1. Take a piece of aluminum foil. You do not need a very big piece.
- Step 2. Form a ball out of the sheet of foil.
Step 3. Place the aluminum foil ball in the dryer and dry as normal. It is just that simple.
How long do foil balls last in the dryer?
You can reuse this several times. When you take your clothes out of the dryer, just toss your ball back in for the next time you need it.
My homemade dryer balls from foil will last about a week here. Try a few times and let me know how long they last for you.
Will aluminum foil balls ruin your dryer?
Foil will not cause any damage to your dryer. It is perfectly safe to use these foil balls.
They will not damage the dryer or clothes while drying.
Tips and tricks:
- Dryer Sheets. Now you really don’t need dryer sheets at all. These foil balls literally eliminate the static cling that we all hate.
- White Vinegar. Another natural tip for eliminating static is to use white vinegar during the rinse cycle.
Try aluminum foil in the dryer.
Using the dryer aluminum foil method is a HUGE money saver. There isn’t any need to buy Dryer balls when this idea works so well.
The foil trick really does work for significantly less. You will love how easy this is.
This simple method is inexpensive and does not require any special gadgets or tons of money. Just use a ball of foil and toss it in the dryer. It truly is that simple!
Give this a try and leave a comment once you do. I think you will surprised how well it works and how easy it is.