Learn how to clean washing machine all naturally. We have step by step instructions to deep clean washing machine that will work for a front loading and top loading machine.
how to clean washing machine
If you are trying to find out how to clean washing machine without all the chemicals, give this a try. We have easy step by step instructions that will deep clean your washing machine.
These tips and tricks will work for both top loading and front loading washing machines. Plus, everything is all natural!
If you are noticing that your washing machine just isn’t smelling fresh, it is probably time to address the issue. I actually like to clean my machine once a month.
How do you clean a smelly washing machine?
This does a great job at keeping everything nice and clean and smelling fresh. I also try to keep the washing machine lid open after I have used it. This helps to make sure it is completely dry and helps to prevent mildew smell build up.
Try these easy tips and see what a difference it makes! Keep reading to see how simple this is.
Let’s learn how to clean your washing machine.
Once you see how simple and easy it is, you won’t mind doing this monthly. Plus, the ingredients are so inexpensive and easy to use.
We love making our own cleaning solutions because it saves time and money. Also, it is just so nice to use natural products in our home.
What ingredients do you need to deep clean washing machine:
How to clean top loading washing machine:
- Fill your washing machine up with hot water and the largest load option on your washing machine.
- Add one quart of vinegar into the washing machine while it’s filling up with the water.
- After it’s filled, close the lid and allow the washing machine to run for 1 minute so that the vinegar is mixed up thoroughly with the water in the machine.
- After the 1-2 minutes, stop the washing machine by opening the lid and allow the vinegar and water mixture to sit for a minimum of 1 hour.
- While it’s soaking use this time to clean the other parts of the machine. The knobs, lib, seals, etc. I used a scrubbing brush and microfiber towel to clean these items and used the vinegar/water mixture in the machine. Just be careful to not close the lid during this time so the water doesn’t drain out of the machine.
- After it has been a minimum of 1 hour, close the lid and allow the machine to finish its cycle. You can use this time to clean all the parts that you were not able to get to while the lid had to be open.
- After this cycle is complete, run another normal washing cycle and add 1 cup of baking soda to that cycle.
That’s it. Your washing machine will smell and clean beautifully again. It is really that simple.
I usually clean my machine once a month. I also try to keep my lid open after I have used it to make sure that it’s able to dry out completely to prevent a mildew smell build-up.
How to clean front load washing machine:
- Make sure that your washing machine is empty. I pour the vinegar in the detergent tray on my machine and sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda into the drum of the machine.
- Then run a cycle with 2 cups of vinegar in it on the cleaning cycle or the largest, hottest cycle option that is available on your machine.
How to clean washing machine rubber door seal:
After the cycle has completed, I use a combination of water and vinegar to clean all the knobs, seals, rubber gasket and the detergent tray on the machine. Also, I wipe down the exterior of the machine as well.
I clean mine approximately 1 a month. Also, I make sure that clothes are removed timely. It also helps to leave the door open slightly to prevent a mold and mildew smell from developing in the machine.
It is so simple to clean your washing machine.
Now you know how to clean washing machine with vinegar!
It is so simple to learn how to clean washing machine tub and the parts. You won’t have to worry with foul smelling laundry because your washing machine will be so clean and fresh.
Try to do this monthly and you won’t ever having problems with your washing machine smelling yucky. This really helps to eliminate odors and keeps everything nice and fresh.
Skip the store bought chemicals and use this instead with just a couple of natural ingredients. I really feel good about using this because it is all natural.
No need to buy all of those chemical laden cleaners when there are natural solutions. Plus, your family will save money as well.
It is a win all around. I love being able to make things like this that work so well and save a ton of money.
DIY Dusting Spray is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Get started today with DIY cleaners that work!
Learn how to clean a dry erase board that will get rid of even the most stubborn smudges. This DIY solution is budget friendly and works to clean your dry erase board perfectly every single time.
Learn how to remove blood stains quickly and easily with only 2 ingredients.
If you are looking for easy ways to make your home and car smell amazing, try one of these DIY Air Fresheners.
Learn where and how to start with these 5 home organization ideas that make getting things in order so easy!
You can also find out how to soften towels quickly and easily. How to soften towels without fabric softener and freshen your towels.
We have 10 vinegar uses you will love. These ideas are frugal and will help you all around the house with so many different things.
Learn how to clean stove top in just minutes with very little work. This trick is frugal and so easy.
Are you ready to start Spring cleaning? Get this free spring cleaning checklist to help get you started and ensure you do not overlook anything!
There are tons of great ways to use a magic eraser. Find 25 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser uses!
Start with a few cleaners and go from there. You will love making homemade cleaners and no longer having to go to the store to buy all sorts of products.
It is a win all around and you will love it! Get started today!
Learn how to clean car mats in 3 easy steps.
Try these other cleaning hacks:
- How to clean stove top in one easy step!
- How to clean inside of Crock pot
- 5 Best Cleaning supplies you need!
- Spring Cleaning Checklist
- 25 Uses for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- 10 Different Uses for Baking Soda and Vinegar Together
- Homemade Carpet Cleaner – only 2 ingredients
- 10 hydrogen peroxide cleaning hacks