Learn how to make Homemade Granite Cleaner that works great. This diy granite cleaner is easy to make and budget friendly.
Homemade Granite Cleaner
Today we are talking about how to clean granite counter tops for less with this homemade granite cleaner. We have been using this homemade granite cleaner for over a year. I’m finally taking the time to show you how easy it is to make!
You are going to love how great it works and how easy it is to make. It is a win all around and frugal as well.
Once you start making homemade granite cleaner, you will never buy this again at the store. I am confident you will love how well it cleans your granite counters.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about excessive chemicals and such. I love making my own products. It is so nice and works great with simple ingredients.
Why we love this cleaner:
- The disinfecting properties of alcohol will sanitize surfaces and remove bacteria without harmful chemicals.
- This easy DIY is simple to customize with essential oils to deodorize surfaces with a pleasant scent.
- Homemade Granite Cleaner works great to clean surfaces without harmful chemicals.
- You will save money using this cleaner and help reduce the budget.
What is the best homemade cleaner for granite?
The key to a good homemade granite cleaner is rubbing alcohol as it will be streak free. Many cleaning products streak really easily. If you clean granite with the wrong products, it can look really dirty and ugly.
Once you know what to clean it with and how to do it, it is simple. Your granite surface will be shining!
No need to buy expensive products at the store when this works so well. You will love it.
It is a great feeling being able to use natural cleaning products that clean efficiently. Another benefit is the low cost as your budget will thank you!
Can rubbing alcohol be used to clean granite?
Yes, it works really great to clean granite. It is also the best disinfectant for granite surfaces. Rubbing alcohol is inexpensive and kills viruses.
We highly recommend this ingredient when used in this cleaner to sanitize surfaces without much work or expense.
Ingredients to Avoid using with granite:
- Acidic Cleaners: Vinegar, lemon and lime.
These harsh products will break down the sealant on granite overtime.
What you need to make DIY Granite Cleaner:
- ½ cup Rubbing alcohol
- 3 drops of Dawn Dish soap (you can also use Castile soap like I did)
- 16 oz spray bottle (buy at your local dollar store or on Amazon)
- 5-10 drops of essential oils (I like lemon or peppermint oils)
- water (about 2 cups)
How to make granite cleaner:
- Step 1. First, combine all of the ingredients in your 16 oz spray bottle.
- Step 2. Next, fill the rest of the way up with water (about 2 cups) and give it a shake.
- Step 3. It is ready to use and safe for granite. Make sure you give it a quick shake before you use it each time.
Store the cleaning product in a spray bottle away from pets and children. Label the bottle so you will remember what the cleaner is for.
How to clean granite counters:
Let’s take a minute to talk about how to clean granite counter tops with the best granite cleaner homemade product. It is so easy to use that even my kids can do this!
You can have beautiful counter tops without spending $8 per bottle of granite cleaner. That really adds up over time when you think of all the cleaners you buy. It is also nice to know exactly what is in the product.
- Step 1. Remove everything off the counter.
- Step 2. Spray down the counter tops with your homemade granite cleaner to loosen grime and dirt. This will remove stains and spills.
- Step 3. Wipe and scrub with a microfiber cloth. I purchased these on amazon for a great price. I love these clothes and they work great. I also use them for all kinds of cleaning with multi-purpose cleaner.
Enjoy your beautiful shiny natural stone surfaces without harsh chemicals or streaks. You will also love the money saved using this DIY cleaning product.
Is it OK to use vinegar on granite countertops?
Do not use Vinegar to clean granite counters. Continue use of vinegar over time will reduce the shine of the granite.
We recommend using our diy recipe for granite cleaner. It works great and does not damage stone surfaces.
Tips for Cleaning Granite:
- Avoid all purpose cleaners. These store-bought cleaners are normally too harsh for cleaning granite surfaces.
- Do not use lemon juice or vinegar to clean granite countertops. It can corrode the sealant overtime.
- Don’t use abrasive sponges or cleaning gadgets. They can scratch granite.
- Add a fresh scent to the cleaner with essential oils. Popular choices include citrus oils such as grapefruit or lemon essential oil, lavender essential oil and tea tree oil.
Other uses for homemade granite cleaner recipe:
- Granite Backsplashes. This DIY product cleans backsplashes made with granite. Be careful when spraying the cleaner. You do not want to get any cleaner on the wooden cabinets or trim as this cleaner can damage the finish.
- Stone Surfaces. The neutral ph of this DIY cleaner makes it perfect to clean other stone surfaces.
- Marble. Clean marble surfaces with this homemade cleaner.
This amazing cleaner is so easy to make and works great. You will love the simplicity of it. You likely have everything you need to make this at home.
Whip it up today and see how great it works to clean your granite surfaces. From granite counters, backsplashes and more, it is a game changer.
Print the instructions for DIY Granite Cleaner:
Homemade Granite Cleaner
- 1/2 cup Rubbing alcohol
- 3 drops Dawn Dish soap you can also use Castile soap like I did
- 16 oz spray bottle buy at your local dollar store on Amazon
- 5-10 drops Essential oils I like lemon, peppermint or purification
- 2 cups Water about 2 cups
- Combine all the ingredients in your 16 oz spray bottle and fill the rest of the way up with water (about 2 cups) and give it a shake.
- Make sure you give it a quick shake before you use it each time.