I’m so excited to share with you this homemade liquid hand soap. This is such an easy DIY. I used Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils to make this wonderful liquid hand soap. In fact, make sure you read my post on lavender essential oil uses. It is such a helpful post. If you are new to essential oils, don’t miss my post on how to use essential oils.
- 3/4 cup Castile Soap, such as: Dr. Bronners where you can buy it on Amazon
- 3/4 cup water (distilled or boiled if you don’t plan to use the soap within a
- few weeks)
- 1 Tbsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 Tbsp. nourishing oil such as: sweet almond or jojoba oil
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender or peppermint essential oil
How to make Homemade Liquid Hand Soap:
- In a mason jar, add the water first (to prevent bubbles) then the liquid castile soap, followed by the oils.
- Top your mason jar with a rust proof soap pump.
- Shake the ingredients together.
- Shake the soap dispenser before using, and then squirt a small amount on your hands as needed, rinsing with water.
This is very moisturizing and smells great! The tea tree oils works to kill germs and viruses. This makes a great DIY gift idea and it is super fun to get the kids involved. It makes washing hands so much more fun when they know they made it themselves.
Trust me… I know. 😉
Make sure you try some of our other DIY posts:
- How to Make Homemade Laundry Detergent
- How to Make Burlap Wreath
- How to make Glitter Slime