Color Changing Silly Putty Recipe is so fun to make and a blast to play with. Learn how to make silly putty that changes color for an activity the kids will go crazy over.
Color Changing Silly Putty Recipe
If your kids enjoyed our Color Changing Homemade Playdough Recipe, they will have so much fun playing with this Color Changing Silly Putty Recipe.
This easy DIY is similar to our Homemade Silly Putty but it changes colors. The kids will absolutely love this. It is really super cool!
Silly Putty is so timeless and kids of all ages love it. It is just something about it and almost mesmerizing.
Make this fun color changing putty today for a really cool activity. Kids just never seem to get bored with silly putty.
If you need a rainy day activity or just something to beat boredom, try making this today. Everyone will have so much fun.
Let’s make homemade silly putty recipe!
What do you need to make color changing silly putty?
- 1 Cup Sta-Flo Liquid Starch – You find this in the laundry section at most stores.
- 1 Cup Gallon of Glue
- 1 Tsp Thermochromic Color Changing Powder Pigment
How to make silly putty that changes colors:
- First, pour approximately 1 cup of the glue into a mixing bowl.
- Next, mix in 1 tsp of the thermochromic color changing powder pigment. Be careful as this is easy to spill as it’s a fine powder.
- Pour 1 cup of Sta-Flo into the mixing bowl. Let this mixture set for at least 5 minutes as the glue has to soak up the Sta-Flo Liquid Starch.
- Now it is time to mix the 2 ingredients together as best as possible. The mixture will look stringy and not well combined. You will probably think its ruined but this is normal and part of the process. Don’t worry!
- Finally, put the mixture on a paper towel or your countertop if it’s a solid surface. Again, let this combination set for at least 5 minutes.
- After this time, mix again with your hands and work the glue/starch mixture until the silly putty is formed.
How to use homemade color changing silly putty?
The silly putty will change color with coldness or warmth. We like to use ice cubes to change the color and then use the warmth of our hands to change it back since it is heat sensitive.
This is so fun!
It is that easy to use thermochromic pigment!
You will have so much fun making this diy putty. It is much more fun than store bought and a fun activity to try.
It is super cheap to make so each child can make their own batch of color changing silly putty.
Make sure to store in a ziplock bag or airtight container and it will keep for a long time. Our kids love to get this out and play with it.
I am always amazed at the simple activities that just leave the kids mesmerized and entertained! Plus, you are making precious memories as everyone spends this time together making new things.
Try making color changing silly putty recipe!
If your kids enjoyed learning how to make color changing slime recipe , try this new DIY for another fun idea. It is sure to be a hit and a blast for everyone.
The kids love to make this. If they like to knead the slime, they will enjoy making this putty. It is very similar.
Please feel free to come back and let us know how this turns out for you. It really is so fun and reminds me of mood rings that change colors. So fun!
Introduce the kids into all the fun of color changing DIY activities. This is just another great example of an activity that is a blast but so easy and inexpensive.
Gather the kids and see all the fun you can have with this cool activity.
You might also want to make homemade playdough for another fun idea to do with the kids.
We love making DIY projects!
Learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
You can learn how to make glue and save a ton of money on your craft projects.
There are tons of fun and frugal activities to do with your kids. Get started today and let us know how everything turns out.
Learn how to make mod podge for your craft projects. It is so easy and homemade mod podge will save a ton of money.
Another fun idea is to learn how to make Chalkboard Slime! Take slime to the next level by making this cool chalk slime recipe.
Try some of these other fun ideas. Let us know which ones you try and what the kids like the best.
We always have a blast with these activities.
Learn how to make a tornado in a bottle for a really fun activity with your kids.
We love to try new activities and these are some really fun ones to try.
Use supplies you probably already have at home and make this DIY Kaleidoscope.
Try these other fun color changing DIY activities:
- DIY Color Changing Nail Polish
- How to Make Color Changing Slime
- Color Changing Homemade Playdough Recipe
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- how to make floam