Personalized Photo Block
We have an adorable DIY Photo Block that is perfect to show off cute pictures of the kiddos! This one is decorated in pink and red with lots of hearts. It’s the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. I know the grandparents would love this. This project can just as easily be made with different colors and embellishments for other holidays or just to use every day! Get creative, gather your pictures and make a cute wooden photo block!
Let’s Make a Wooden Photo Block!
This craft is so simple and it can be made for so many different occasions. Make sure you have a good glue gun because you will use it a lot for this craft. I bought a big bag of paint brushes because the kids like to help!
Materials for DIY Photo Block
- 4″ block of wood (I used a piece of a 4×4 fence post)
- Acrylic Paint in Pink and Red
- 4, 1″ round wood ball knobs
- White Glue or Hot Glue
- Valentine/Heart Ribbon
- Heart Foam Shapes/Stickers
- Adhesive Felt Heart Shapes
- Paint Brush
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- 4 photos
- Scrabble Tiles or Adhesive Foam Letters
Directions to make Wooden Photo Block
Tip: Often wood is listed as 4″ x 4″ fence post, but in reality it measures 3.5″ x 3.5″ so be mindful of this when choosing and cutting photos for your project.
1. Use white glue to attach the wood balls onto the bottom of the cube. Let set to dry completely.
2. Paint the cube and feet as desired. I decided to paint 2 sides red and 2 sides pink. Let dry completely. A second coat may be necessary depending on the type of paint you sue.
3. Use a paper trimmer to cut your photos about 3/4″ smaller than the cube.
4. Attach photos to the cube with white glue or hot glue. Let set to dry.
5. Add embellishments such as scrabble tiles, foam heart stickers and ribbon. Affix with white glue or hot glue.
This Wooden Photo Block is so cute and can be personalized for so many different things!
Gather your pictures and make this DIY Photo Block!
It’s sure to become a treasured gift for someone. This is the perfect gift for someone that has it all! Everyone loves pictures and what an adorable way to display them!