I have a very frugal and fun Teacher gift idea for you today. This Pencil Vase with flowers is so easy to make and you can buy practically everything at the dollar store! You can make this for Teacher appreciation week, the end of the school year, or a fun back to school gift idea! Show your teacher how much you care this year… of course, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to show someone how much you care.
How to make this Easy Pencil Vase:
- Tall Cylindical Vase (approximately 7 1/2″ tall) – I found mine at Dollar tree!
- 40-50 Yellow Wooden Pencils
- Artificial Flowers, you can find some at dollar tree too! (you could put in fresh flowers if you wanted!)
- Hot Glue
It is so easy to make!
- Attach pencils to vase using hot glue.
- Tie vase with a bow.
- Insert flowers into floral foam inside of vase.
You can use any color ribbon. I was going to use yellow, but I loved the red in the end (make sure you check dollar tree for ribbon – they are only $1 there!). This pencil vase is a very easy project, but it is so thoughtful and would look so fun in any teacher’s classroom. I know that my kids’ teachers are going to love it!
How much can you make this for:
- Vase – $1
- Ribbon – $1
- Pencils – Pencils are often $.10 or FREE right before school starts. Stock up like I did
- Hot Glue – I used probably $1 in glue
- Flowers – $2 at Dollar General, you could find some at Dollar tree
Total cost: less than $5 to make it
This project is perfect for the weekend! Get yours kids helping. They will be so happy to show off their homemade and frugal gift.
Find more frugal teacher gifts: