Learn how to make a candy wreath that everyone will love. This easy candy wreath is so fun and a great gift idea for any occasion.
How to make a candy wreath
We recently showed you how to make an Easy Candy Bouquet DIY and everyone went crazy over it! If you loved that, you will definitely love this easy candy wreath.
It is so simple to make and you can customize with all sorts of candy or color ribbon. This is perfect any time of the year and everyone will love it.
These are great to make for birthdays, teacher appreciation, Mother’s Day and truly any occasion! You will brighten someone’s day for sure when you give them one of these fun candy wreaths.
Coordinate their favorite candy bars and use their favorite color for the bow. They are sure to feel loved and so special when they get one of these fabulous candy wreaths. Plus, they can eat the candy too.
Homemade Candy Wreaths are so easy to make!
With just a little work, you can easily make one of these wreaths. They look so festive and really fun but they are actually simple to make.
Everyone will be impressed with this fun gift and it’s sure to be a hit. It only takes a few minutes to put together and it comes together very quickly.
This wreath is so versatile and easy to change to suit any occasion or event. This idea is easy to adapt for Christmas gifts, a Halloween wreath and more.
How to make a candy Christmas wreath?
This is simple to do. Just use Christmas candy instead of regular candy. The seasonal wrappings on the candy will be so festive.
Then coordinate the candy with red and green ribbon. You can also hang the wreath with a pretty seasonal hanger.
Supplies for Christmas Candy wreath:
- 4 theater boxes of candy
- Large Airheads
- Miniature candy: Skittles, Mamba, Laffy Taffy, Airheads, Colored Tootsie Rolls, SweetTart Chews.
- 12” Metal Wreath Form
- Scrap newspaper or paper
- Large Birthday bow and curling ribbon bow.
- Packing tape
- Pair of Scissors
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
How to make a candy wreath diy:
1. Cut your scrap paper into 3” wide strips and wrap and tape it over and around your metal wreath.
2. Carefully hot glue the theater boxes of candy on each side opposite each other.
3. Begin filling in the empty spaces with the larger miniature candies like the Skittles and other similar bags. Carefully hot glue them onto the scrap paper wreath.
4. Once you have all the empty spots filled. Start by layering a piece of candy on top of everything making sure to change the direction of the way you glue the candies.
5. Once the entire wreath is filled, glue a ribbon bow to the top and a regular bow over that.
What does it cost to make a candy wreath?
I spent about $15 on everything including candy, wreath form, glue sticks and everything. We love to grab the items on Amazon because it is quick and easy.
However, you can also grab most of these items at your local dollar store.
You can also try using a wire clothes hanger instead of a wreath form to make the candy wreath. This will save a little money if you can get the shape just right.
More candy wreath ideas:
- Hershey Kisses. If you have someone that loves Hershey kisses, you can cover the entire wreath in Hershey kisses.
- Peppermint candies. This is another fun idea.
- Halloween. Decorate the wreath with Halloween candy and orange and black ribbon.
- Valentine’s Day. Substitute red and pink Valentine’s Candy. Top with a pretty bow using Valentine’s ribbon.
- Candy Canes. You can do the same idea as the assortment of candy but with candy canes. This candy cane wreath would be a fun idea during Christmas and very festive.
How to hang the wreath
If you plan to hang this on the front door, you can use a wreath door hanger. These fit over the top of the door and don’t require any nails.
Command hooks also work great for hanging inside or doors.
Can you gift a candy wreath?
Absolutely. This is the perfect gift for birthdays, holidays and more. Everyone will love receiving this candy gift.
Learn how to make a Candy Card for birthdays, special occasions and more.