Did you see my other Easy Father’s day gift idea with the Father’s Day printable? Today I have another fun and EASY Homemade Father’s Day gift idea. This year… give Dad the #1 Dad award. Get the kids involved so they can make dad this super cute (but frugal) Dad award for Father’s day.
This is one of my favorite Father’s Day Crafts to make!
I love how easy it is and I love how all kids of all ages can make one. No matter how many kids you have they can get involved and make this super cute Father’s day craft and surprise Dad with this best Father award.
Ok. Let’s get started.
Materials you need:
- Large paper plate
- Green cardstock and blue cardstock (you can really do any colors)
- Marker (can be a sharpie marker)
- Elmer’s glue (Also try our Homemade glue – super easy to make too! )
Directions to make Homemade Father’s Day Gift idea:
1. Cut 2 large circles from both of your pieces of cardstock about 2″ smaller than the paper plate
2. Now trim another 1/2″ off the edges of one of the circles to make just a little smaller than the other
3. Cut 2 strips from each color cardstock (2″x 8″), then cut the bottoms at the same angle
4. Now glue your large colored circle to the bottom of your paper plate, and the smaller one on top of that
5. Glue your 4 angled strips together in a triangle shape like so, then glue those under your paper plate to look like ribbons
Let the kids do the work and they can show Dad how much they love him this Father’s day.
I know that he will love this Homemade Present for Dad.
Father’s Day is just around the corner. You can choose from 20 free Father’s Day Coloring Pages!