Homemade Hair Pomade
I love good hair products but they are so expensive. Plus, I often wonder what all those ingredients are! Today, I am going to share with you a how to make hair pomade. It works wonders on hair and is all natural. You only need a tiny dollop so this lasts forever. You can make this for a fraction of the cost of salon versions. I like to use a tiny bit on the ends of my hair. It’s also great to tame frizzy hair.
Tips to make Natural Hair Products:
You can find small tins at your local craft store to put the pomade in. Sometimes you can luck up and find some at the dollar store. We are trying to make more and more of our own products so I just buy these small tins on Amazon. I like having several on hand for when it’s time to make a new batch.
You can add essential oils to this pomade but it’s totally optional. I love essential oils so I add a few drops when I make it.
Let’s learn how to make hair pomade!
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (find in the spice aisle at the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
How to make Hair Pomade:
1. In a small bowl, mix together jojoba oil and arrowroot. Set aside.
2. Melt shea butter and beeswax in a microwave safe container for 1 minute, 45 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in coconut oil until melted.
3. Add arrowroot and stir well. Let set until cool, and it will look like it hardened. But it has not, just stir to create the paste.
4. Place into a jar with a lid.
Directions to use Homemade Hair Pomade:
Use a small amount (pea size) and rub into your fingertips before applying to hair to create dimension, tame fly aways and condition your mane.
You are going to love making your own natural hair products!
It saves so much money and I think works much better.