Learn how to clean a crock pot in a few easy steps. We are going to show you how to clean the inside of the crock pot.
How to clean a crock pot
I love cooking in my slow cooker any time of the year. During busy weeks, we might eat 2 to 3 Crock Pot meals.
It is so nice to come home to dinner ready and waiting. While I use my crock pot a lot, I don’t spend a lot of time cleaning it out.
Of course, I clean the stoneware after every meal, but the inside of the crock pot does get neglected. I’m not talking about the stoneware part but the heating element.
You know the metal part. Anyone else often forget this part as well?
If your crock pot has seen better days, you may be interested in how to clean the inside of your crock pot. Surely, I am not the only one.
How to clean the inside of the crock pot:
Don’t judge me, but here is what the inside of my crock pot usually looks like. I don’t know how dinner ends up on the inside of my crock pot, but it does. I finally got tired of looking at all of these old stains so I decided to give the inside of my crock pot a nice once over.
It often gets overlooked because it is not dishwasher safe and needs to be washed off separately. Then honestly I usually forget all about it.
- First, I used my favorite all purpose cleaner to show you how to clean inside of the crock pot. I love using a magic eraser. They can clean just about anything from the stove top to the inside of my crock pot.
- Next, add a little bit of water and do some light scrubbing. The yucky stains should start to disappear. It is that simple to clean a slow cooker.
- Finally, take a look and see how much better the inside looks. Now this was with very little effort and I’m ashamed to say but these stains have been here for a very long time. Once you see how easy this is, you will wonder why you did not clean it sooner.
Give it a try today.
I just wanted to share this with you so you can have a clean new crock pot too. It is incredibly simple and does not take long at all to do.
If you are tempted to just buy a new slow cooker, don’t. Just clean it with these inexpensive and simple cleaning tips. It will look nearly brand new when you are finished.
Slow Cooker Cleaning tips
- You can snag Magic Eraser online for cheap on Amazon. I actually am using the off brand that I bought on Amazon for a fraction of the cost. I just love these and they are much cheaper.
- Another option to try is oven cleaner to get the stains off. It is another great way to remove stains from the inside of your slow cooker. Just use whichever option you prefer.
- Also, if you need tips to clean the ceramic portion of your slow cooker, try some of these tips. For the ceramic portion, I often fill it with water and dish soap and leave it overnight. Warm soapy water really does the trick overnight to remove stuck on food.
Another tip for the ceramic part is to use a ½ cup of distilled vinegar with a ½ cup of baking soda in the crock pot on low for one hour. This combination with distilled white vinegar works great.
Give these tips a try for a slow cooker that will look as good as new. I think you will be pleased just how simple this is and how well it works.
Do you have any tips for how to clean the inside of your slow cooker? I’d love to hear from you.