Magic Erasers work so well to clean tons of surfaces around the house! From the kitchen to the bathroom to toys and more! There are tons of great ways to use a magic eraser. Find 25 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser uses!
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Uses
I just love cleaning with a magic eraser. Probably my favorite use is cleaning my stove top. I also use them to clean my oven. After I realized that worked so well, I wanted to see what else my magic erasers could clean. I was surprised at how many different uses for Mr. Clean magic erasers there are. This is one of my favorite house cleaning tips and tricks.
One thing I will say about magic erasers is that they can be abrasive. So, if you are unsure of how a specific surface will be, test an inconspicuous area before trying to clean the whole thing. Let that be a warning to you. 😉
There are just so many uses to clean with magic erasers. They really can replace all sorts of cleaning product. Magic Erasers are great! You can use them to remove nail polish, clean the kitchen sink, remove soap scum and more! I have also used it to get permanent marker off things. Yes, permanent marker. 🙂 They work great on shoes and I often remove grass stains from shoes. The kids shoes look sparkling new by the time I am finished!
So many cleaning tips to remove dirt and grime!
Watch my short video on how to use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers:
I often find Mr Clean Magic erasers on sale on Amazon here. If you think Mr. Clean magic erasers are too expensive, try the off brand Amazon offers. You’ll pay a fraction of the cost for a similar cleaning power. They have a huge box of 100 on sale for just a fraction of the cost of the name brand! You will love this magic sponge.
If you don’t believe me, watch them in action:
My Favorite Uses for Mr. Clean magic erasers:
1. Scuff Marks. One of the most popular used for Mr. Clean magic erasers is removing scuff marks. Whether the marks are on floors, walls, baseboards or more, magic erasers get the job done. I use magic eraser on walls frequently around here. 🙂
2. Young Artists. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do a great job at removing crayons, markers and more from walls and furniture.
3. Coffee and Tea Stains. If you pull your favorite mug from the dishwasher and notice a not so nice ring around the rim, wipe it down with a magic eraser. The ring will be gone in no time.
4. Clean Shoes. When you have tennis shoes that have lost their luster, use a magic eraser to clean the sides. They’ll be looking as good as new.
5. Remove Dried Paint. The next time you are a little too liberal with your paint, let it dry and then clean with a magic eraser. This works great on a variety of hard surfaces like floors, walls and door hinges.
6. Soap Scum. Magic erasers work great at abolishing soap scum in tubs and showers! This works nicely on grout, tile and fiberglass. Be careful, a little bit of scrubbing goes a long way.
7. Clean Dry Erase Boards. When you have a lot of old marker left behind on a dry erase board, try rubbing it down with a magic eraser. The surface will be sparkling clean after very little effort.
8. Rust be gone. If you find rust on items, try using a magic eraser to remove it. As always, test an inconspicuous before trying to clean the entire surface.
9. Ice Chest Scrub. In the summertime, we almost always have a cooler out back. After a couple of months sitting out back, a definite ring can be seen inside the cooler. Use a magic eraser to wipe down the inside of the cooler. This will do a great job at getting rid of the ring.
10. Hair coloring. I used to color my hair at home. If you’re like me, you know this can be messy. If you happen to make a mess (like me sometimes) clean up the hair color on the counter with a magic eraser.
11. Messy Microwave. Removing caked on messes can be tough to remove from the microwave. Magic erasers do a nice job at getting the inside of your microwave looking like new again.
12. Clean Mirrors. I need to try this one! I have read that you can clean your bathroom mirrors with a magic eraser and not only does it clean well, but it will prevent your mirrors from fogging up in the future.
13. Computer cleansing. My computer can get grimy. If your keys need a little cleaning, gently rub in between the keys with a magic eraser. Be careful as you can scrub too hard and remove some lettering. A gentle cleaning will remove the grime from in between the keys.
14. Outside Furniture. Mr. Clean magic erasers do a super job cleaning up patio furniture, especially items that are painted white. You can clean off dirt, food, even grass and pet stains.
15. Baked on food. Whether it is your stove top or your favorite pan, magic erasers are very useful at removing tough baked on food stains. This works especially well on stainless steel sinks and stove tops. You can even use these on melamine foam!
16. Sparkling clean windows. You can use a magic eraser to clean your windows inside and out. This is a great task to have the kiddos help out with.
17. No more grease and grime. If you have been cooking for any length of time, you’ve probably noticed your oven hood can get a bit grimy. Gently rub a magic eraser on the hood and it will cut through the grime in no time.
18. Clean your tupperware. Do you ever get those food stains inside your plastic containers? Try attacking the stain with a magic eraser. They work great at getting at those baked in stains.
19. Algae remover. I have heard of people using a magic erasers to clean their pool liner. We do not have a pool liner so if you do, give this one a try and let us know if it works.
20. Microfiber couch cleaner. If you have a microfiber couch with a stain or two, try rubbing a magic eraser over the stain. This works wonders. Do test a hidden area first.
21. Bugs be gone. I hate going through a car wash and still seeing stuck on bug guts on my windshield. A magic eraser does a terrific job at removing these little critters.
22. Leaky pen. The next time you have a pen leak on your hands, gently rub a magic eraser over your hands to remove the ink. This works like a charm.
23. Concrete cleaner. If you notice stains on your concrete from algae, mold, moss, bird droppings or more, use a magic eraser to magically erase those unsightly stains.
24. Spot clean carpet. I haven’t tried this, but people have reported being able to remove stains and odors on carpet with a magic eraser. I would love to hear if this has worked for you.
25. No more permanent marker. Mr. Clean magic eraser does a great job at removing permanent marker from a variety of surfaces. Test a hidden area to make sure the surface you are testing won’t be damaged.
What are your favorite ways to use Magic Eraser?
I would love to hear what you clean with these. These little cleaners are so versatile, it is silly not to have a stock of these in your cleaning cupboard. If you think Mr. Clean magic erasers are too expensive, try the off brand Amazon offers. You’ll pay a fraction of the cost for a similar cleaning power. Oh and if your child happens to write on your computer screen, use magic eraseres to remove the ink. Don’t ask me how I know….:)
Get started being amazed at all the cool magic eraser uses. You can also get a Free Spring Cleaning Checklist to get the entire house in order.