DIY Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece Craft
Are you looking for holiday centerpiece ideas that are simple but pretty? This rustic Christmas centerpiece is so charming and just perfect for the holiday season. I love crafts that use what I have on hand or things from nature! This pretty mason jar centerpiece uses fresh evergreen, cinnamon, twine and burlap for a gorgeous Christmas decorations.
- 3 pint sized mason jars
- white chalk acrylic paint
- paint brush
- 200 grit sand paper (or try using a nail file)
- 3″ wide burlap ribbon in red and green
- cinnamon sticks
- small gold berries
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- diagonal cutters
How to make this Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece:
2. Once dry, lightly sand them. This allows the raised edges to show some detail. You can also create some scuffs on the side of the jars giving the pieces more of a rustic feel.
3. Cut 2 pieces of green and 1 piece of red ribbon by wrapping it around the jar and trimming so you have about a 1/2″ overlap.
4. Wrap one piece of ribbon around the jar and secure it with hot glue.
5. If necessary, trim cinnamon sticks with diagonal cutters.
7. Attach the stick to the front of the jars with a tiny dab of hot glue. (This is the glue gun and hot glue I use)
8. Wrap raffia around the jar securing in a double knot on top of the cinnamon sticks. Trim ends. Repeat for the additional 2 jars.
How to use Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece:
Fill the jars with your favorite fresh evergreen and display on your holiday table.
Let the kids help and by collecting evergreen and helping put them in the jars. You will make precious memories and have a helper!