Arts and Crafts for Kids
I’m always trying to come up with new ideas and crafts to do with the kids. Something that is fun and will keep their attention but not require a ton of supplies or expense. We learned how to make puffy paint and today it’s all about Salt Painting. It’s a really fun activity and it’s always a big hit. You will probably have most of the supplies on hand so it’s all very easy to put together.
Directions to Make Salt Painting:
1. Use white glue to draw a design or picture onto a piece of card stock. I like to cut small pieces that fit onto a paper plate.
2. Once you are finished with your glue drawing, liberally sprinkle salt onto the glue.
3. Gently shake off onto the paper plate and set the plate aside.
4. Place your salt covered card stock onto a flat surface covered with newspaper or wax paper.
5. Use watercolor paints to gently paint onto the salt.
6. You won’t need a lot of water, but the more pigment color you have on your brush the better. Once finished, set aside to dry completely.
Glue Painting is such a fun and inexpensive craft to do with the kids!
Make Salt Art today and see all the different creations you can make!
Kid’s of all ages enjoy doing this activity! Gather the kids and start crafting! This is also a fun activity for a group of kids or even a party! Everyone can make the design they prefer. Just remember to use card stock because regular copier paper will not hold up! Have fun with this cool Glue Painting!