DIY Puffy Paint
Puffy paint is so much fun and always a huge hit with kids. We’re going to teach you how to make puffy paint at home! This is such a fun activity and involves very little ingredients. Most likely, you have these things already at home. You might tuck this away for a rainy day project or surprise the kids with this fun activity.
Did you know you can also make Homemade Mod Podge? It’s SO easy!
Let’s get started with this shaving cream paint!
Grab your shaving cream and food coloring for this simple craft. We used McCormick Neon Food Coloring for this project and the colors turned out beautifully.
- 3 cups shaving cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white glue
- Sealable Bags
- Food Coloring (We used McCormick Neon Food Coloring)
- Card Stock
How to make puffy paint:
1. Place shaving cream into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add white glue and mix well.
3. Stir in flour just until combined.
4. At this point it resembles frosting or cool whip that hasn’t been stirred. Place a spoonful of puffy paint into a sealable sandwich bag and seal well.
5. Divide remaining paint into 4 bowls and tint with food coloring. We used 4 drops of each color. Mix until evenly coated.
6. Place paint into sealable bag and seal. Cut the tip of the bag and draw designs onto the card stock. Let set to dry, about 2 hours.
Can you believe just a little shaving cream and paint can be this fun?
We had a blast making this and it turned out really good. It dried pretty quickly and was really puffy! The kids absolutely loved it.
DIY Puffy Paint is so much fun!
Now that you know how to make puffy paint, the kids will always have an inexpensive activity!
Gather the kids and supplies and see what creations you can make! The possibilities are endless. Let your imagination and creativity run wild.