Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
Homemade Playdough Recipes
I don’t know about you, but my kids love playdough and they love making it even more. Our family makes play dough together all the time so today I wanted to give you some quick and easy homemade playdough recipes.
These are so easy to make that even the kids can help make them. With so many awesome recipes to try, you will have tons of fun.
We have created a nice roundup of some fun DIY play doh of all kinds. We have a no cook recipe for play doh, edible play doh, kool-aid play-doh, and even some playdough you can make in just 4 minutes.
There is something for everyone so be sure to check out this huge list. You may want to pin it for later so you will have lots of ideas for rainy days.
So next time your kids complain of being bored, try one of these fun homemade playdough recipes!
How to store your easy homemade playdough:
Personally I love these food storage containers. Sure they are originally for food, but they are the perfect size for homemade playdough and they are air right.
Plus they are plastic and can easily be opened making them perfect for kids to use. Forget buying playdough at the store when you can easily make it at home!
Not only will you save money but have so much fun making these fun playdough recipes with your kids. Let the kids help make the playdough and then everyone can play with it together. So fun!
How do you make the best playdough?
If you have been hesitant to make playdough at home in fear of it being difficult or not as good as store bought, now is the time to give it a try! It really is so easy to make playdough and only requires a few minutes and a couple of ingredients.
There are lots of options and they are all very simple to make.
What type of ingredients for homemade playdough do you need?
A common ingredient for homemade playdough is cream of tartar. Other ingredients include a cup of flour, ⅓ cup of salt, oil and more!
It is also a great idea to have wax paper on hand to easily roll the playdough out and keep your counters clean. This really makes for easy clean up.
Some recipes call for boiling water and essential oils are always a fun option. Or you can add the food coloring to the playdough if you prefer.
I like to add only a few drops of food coloring so it does not get too messy. Kids love to knead the dough and create their very own favorite playdough recipe.
Each of these recipes are different and the ingredients vary. So if you do not have something on hand for one recipe, I bet you do for one of the others.
It is so simple and much more fun than just purchasing store bought. You are going to love selecting and trying a new homemade playdough recipe with your kids.
My kids love to help and continue stirring and making the playdough come together. It is such a great recipe and literally comes together in minutes regardless of which one you choose.
Can you make playdough without cream of tartar?
While most recipes for playdough call for cream of tartar, there are several that do not. If you don’t have this ingredient on hand, it is ok!
You can still make playdough with the recipes below that do not call for it.
Let’s get started and learn how to make homemade playdough!
There are so many amazing and fun recipes to try.
Learn how to make playdough with cream of tartar, homemade playdough without cream of tartar and many more recipes!
You might be surprised by some of these ingredients and how easy it is to make this at home. I’m certain that you already have what you need to make at least a couple of these homemade playdough recipes.
27 Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes that you can make today!
1. Easy Homemade Playdough [Living Well Mom]
2. Snow Dough Recipe For Winter Sensory [The Imagination Tree]
3. Playdough Five Ways [New Young Mum]
4. Quick Play Dough [Crafting Is My Life]
5. Dinosaur Fossil Play Dough [Premeditated Left Overs]
6. Homemade Playdough [Pretty Providence]
7. How To Make Mint Scented Play Dough [Laughing Kids Learn]
8. Gingerbread Playdough [Simple Play Ideas]
9. Hot Chocolate Playdough [Fireflies and Mudpies]
10. Glow In The Dark Playdough [Buggy And Buddy]
11. Gingerbread Playdough [One Crazy Mom]
12. Batman Playdough Recipe Tutorial [The Inspiration Edit]
13. Apple Playdough [Sugar Spice and Glitter]
14. Best Ever No Cook Play Dough Recipe [The Imagination Tree]
15. Lavender Playdough [Crafts On Sea]
16. Ice Cream Play Dough Recipe [Smarts School House]
17. Edible Scented Salt Free Rainbow Playdough [Preschool Powol Packets]
18. The Best Easy No Cook Play Doh Recipe [How We Elearn]
19. Summery Lemon Playdough [Paging Fun Mums]
20. Calming Homemade Playdough [Living Well Mom]
21. Mud Like Coffee Playdough (Kids Activities)
22. Sensory Dough [My Family Fever]
23. No Cook Playdough Recipe [Clares Little Tots]
24. Glitter Rainbow Playdough (Housing a Forest)
25. Playdough Recipe [The Gingerbread House]
26.Edible Marshmellow Play Dough [Mom Dot]
27. Easy Play Dough Recipe [One Crazy Mom]
Which recipe do you think is the best playdough recipe?
There are so many to choose from that it might be hard to decide on just one. This is the perfect rainy day activity or when it is too hot to play outside.
Try one of these fun playdough recipes and the kids will have a blast. I bet you will too. 🙂
Which soft playdough recipe are you going to try?
I love that we have so many different options and recipes to try with the kids. We let the kids take turns choosing a recipe to try and they look forward to their turn.
From uncooked playdough recipe and kool aid playdough recipe to playdough recipe with cream of tartar, there are lots of ideas to try!
From playdough recipe microwave ideas to recipes that require no cooking, there are various recipes to try to suit everyone’s needs and schedules.
Give these a try and let us know which ones you and the kiddos loved the most!
Try one of these DIY Play doh recipes today!
They are so fun and you have tons of options to choose from.
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- how to make floam
- How to make Glitter Slime