If your kids are crazy over slime, they are going to absolutely love to learn how to make Chalkboard Slime! Take slime to the next level by making this cool chalkboard slime recipe.
My kids are all about slime and they went crazy once I taught them how to make chalkboard slime! This is really a super cool DIY slime recipe for after-school science programs. It is also fun to try this new slime recipe at home.
Making chalkboard slime is enjoyable and provides an opportunity for children to enhance their artistic skills and have a great time. It is a blast to write on slime.
Chalkboard slime ingredients:
How to make chalkboard slime:
- Step 1. Make the activator for the slime project. In a small bowl or cup, create the slime activator by mixing 2 tsp borax with 1 ½ cup warm water. Combine with a sturdy spoon or stirring stick. Stir until the borax is completely dissolved.
- Step 2. Pour glue into a separate mixing bowl. Use the amount of glue based on the amount of slime that you would like to create. I would start with approximately 1 cup and increase accordingly so you do not use too much glue.
- Step 3. Combine the chalkboard pain and glue. Add 2 tablespoons of the chalkboard paint to the glue in the bowl. Mix thoroughly making sure to get the sides of the bowl.
- Step 4. Combine the glue and activator. Next slowly add and mix in the slime activator into the glue mixture with a spoon. Stir a small amount into the glue. Add more gradually until the glue turns into the kind of slime you desire.
- Step 5. Knead the slime by hand. Take the slime out of the bowl and mix with your hands as the slime consistency thickens and becomes stretchy. Continue to work with this sticky substance until it is the desired consistency.
- Step 6. Write with chalkboard markers. Use the chalk markers to create a design of your choice on the slime or funny faces. Mix the slime together with your hands to erase the design to start a new drawing with a piece of chalk.
Chalkboard paint is so much Science fun.
You can write or draw on this pseudo-blackboard. The entire process is a fun DIY activity and is as fun as a real chalkboard.
The chalk paint really takes this slime DIY to the next level. You will love it as it also promotes the lifelong love of science. It is a great steam project for science explorers and summer science camps.
How to store:
Store the slime inside an airtight baggie until ready to use.
Can I use a chalkboard slime kit?
You can but it is so much cheaper to make your own than to buy a slime kit. Those kits really add up fast and don’t seem to come with many supplies.
If your kids make slime frequently, it is much cheaper to just buy the ingredients at the craft store. It is easy to make a simple batch of chalkboard slime.
Our chalkboard slime review:
This type of slime is really cool to make. If you are looking for a new type of slime to make, this is a really creative and fun DIY slime.
The kids had a blast making this slime and then writing and drawing on it. This project really pulled double duty and provided lots of fun!
This fun slime recipe is so easy to make! The kids are going to have a blast creating this cool chalk slime.
Print the Chalkboard Slime Recipe below:
- Gallon Glue
- Chalkboard Paint
- Chalk Paint Markers
- In a small bowl or cup, create the “slime activator” by mixing 2 tsp borax with 1 ½ cup warm water. Stir until the borax is completely dissolved and then set aside.
- Pour glue into a separate bowl. Use the amount based on the amount of slime that you would like to create. I would start with approximately 1 cup and increase accordingly from there.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chalkboard paint to the glue in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Next slowly add and mix in the slime activator into the glue mixture with a spoon. Stir a small amount into the glue at a time and add more gradually until the glue turns into the slime. Do not rush!
- Mix the slime with your hands as the slime consistency thickens.
- Use the chalk paint markers to create a design of your choice on the slime. Mix the slime thoroughly together with your hands to erase the design to start over. Enjoy!
Try these other easy homemade slime recipes:
- How to make Fluffy Slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- How to make Glittery Slime in minutes