I have a fun craft project to make with the kids today – Glitter Slime. You can all the fun of slime with the sparkling glitter inside. Boys and girls love it. We made it in a teal blue so it looked more Frozen Inspired for my princess, but even the boys loved it. I mean…. who doesn’t like slime right? Next time it is too hot to play outside or if it is a rainy day you just have to make this fun idea with the kids.
The best part is how easy and frugal it is to make. This won’t break the bank, but can give you many afternoons of fun – especially on rainy days and snow days when the kids are about to bounce off the walls.
How to make Glitter Slime
- 2 Tsp Borax (You can purchase at Walmart or online here)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Glue
- 5 drops blue Food Coloring (I really like the Americolor food coloring)
- Grab a small mixing bowl and pour in 1 cup of water and 2 tsp of borax powder. Stir the ingredients together until well blended. Set your bowl aside.
- In your medium sized bowl pour in your entire bottle of elmer’s white glue and pour in 1/2 cup of water. Stir until well blended.
- Once the contents are stirred together, add in 5 drops of blue food coloring. Mix the products together.
- Pour in a lot of glitter and stir it together with your glue mixture.
- Now pour in the contents of your small bowl right into the middle and wait for the products to become solid.
- Grab both your hands and start squishing the slime together to make it more solid. Form it up in a ball away from the liquid and pour out the contents into the sink.
- The slime is now ready to play with.
- Once you’re done playing with the slime store in a mason jar or ziploc baggie to keep fresh.
This is super easy to make and fun to make with the kids. The kids love playing with it, but making it is almost more fun! 🙂 Change it up and make different colors – green, pink, purple, and even yellow just by using different food colorings.
Learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.