I have a fun frugal tip for you today! Whether you want to stretch your money even further or you want to prevent your kids from using an entire bottle of body wash (don’t we all? :)) , this post is for you. There is nothing more fun (and more frugal) than foaming body wash.
DIY Foaming Body Wash
However, buying it at the store is crazy because you have to pay more money for technically less product.
Instead of buying foaming body wash, just use one of your left over foaming dispensers and make it yourself. I used a left over foaming Bath and Body works dispenser that I had. I also had some delicious smelling Bath and Body works body wash that I wanted to stretch a littler further. So… I made my own! It was so easy to do!
Here is what you need:
- a foaming soap container (like Dial, Bath and body works, dawn, etc…)
- some body wash (stay away from the creamy body washes, the clearer ones work better)
How to make:
1. Fill your empty foaming soap dispenser with about an inch or so of body wash. We are just eye balling it here – there is no exact science. I would say about an 1/8 of the way up the bottle. 🙂
2. Add in water and fill it up to the top.
3. Warning, it will foam and bubble up. That is ok. Shake until it is mixed thoroughly. Allow the bubbles to settle.
4. Use just like you would your normal body wash.
I put this in my kids shower and they loved it. First, they loved the fact that it foamed. My 6 year old loved how easy it was to use. Personally… I loved how little body wash was being used and how it wasn’t being wasted (finally).
If you use your coupons then this will really stretch those pennies that you paid for your body wash. If you don’t coupon, this is an easy way to stretch your money even further.