DIY Sock Snowman Craft
We love sock crafts and this Sock Snowman Craft does not disappoint. The kids will love helping with this fun craft.
Each snowman has a little scarf and hat. You can let the kids choose the color!
This is a great craft to try over Christmas break when you need to keep the kids busy. Not only it is so fun to make but it is such a cute decoration.
We have even given these as gifts. This is such an easy craft but the results are just adorable!
Tips for Homemade Sock Snowman:
I like to order the socks on Amazon to make this even simpler.
Another idea is to grab them from the dollar store. They worked fine for this.
Adult Socks say “Fit Shoe Size 6-11” and the Child Socks say “Fit Shoe Size 6-8” and they are a white sock crew style.
You can even jazz things up and use a patterned sock colored sock to make one of these cute sock snowmen.
We do a ton of crafts so I like to have them on hand anyway.
Make sure to have a glue gun for this sock snowman craft with rice.
It seems I always need more glue than I realize. It’s not fun to run out mid project…..Not that this has happened or anything.
Let’s learn how to make Snowman Crafts!
This Dollar Tree sock snowman is so cute and easy to make!
Materials Needed for Sock snowman made with rice:
- white adult and child size crew socks
- White ribbon, string or yarn
- black buttons
- orange pom poms
- small paper plate
- fleece (Scrap fabric is fine.)
- foam snowflake stickers
- hot glue and hot glue gun
How to make snowman craft:
1. For the adult size sock, I used 4-1/4 cups rice (3 cups on the bottom/body and 1-1/4 cups on the top/head). For the child size sock, I used 1-1/2 cups rice (1 cup on the bottom/body and 1/2 cup on the top/head)
2. Roll down the cuff of a sock and place a rolled paper plate into the sock. This will create a funnel to use to fill the sock with rice.
Pour rice into your sock. Remove the plate. Shake the rice down into the bottom of the sock filled with rice.
3. Secure the sock with yarn or ribbon and tie the top. You can use a rubber band here if desired, but I fear they will rot and fall apart and then your snowman craft will be no more.
Close the top and secure tightly with a double knot. Trim excess string from the snowman body.
4. Return the paper plate to the sock and pour in more rice to create the head. You may need to pay attention to the sock as the heel may create an awkward head on part of the sock.
Make sure the heel portion of the sock is on the back. Secure the sock just as you did for the body.
5. Trim the top of the sock and discard based on the size of your snowman.
6. Cut a piece of fleece for the hat. As well as a thin strip to tie the hat (about 1/2″ x 6″)
(Adult Size was about 6″ x 11″ with a 12″ x 1″ scarf. Child size was 6″ x 8″ with the same size scarf)
7. Fold the long edge of the hat up, twice and secure with hot glue. This will create the brim of the hat. Wrap the hat around the snowman‘s head and attach together in the back with hot glue.
8. Gather the top of the hat and secure it with the thin strip of fleece by tying in a double knot. If desired, trim the top of the hat with scissors.
9. Trim the ends of the scarf to create fringe. Wrap the scarf around the snowman and adjust as desired. Trim ends if necessary and re-cut fringe to create a scarf. Secure the scarf where it intersects with hot glue.
This sock snowman pinterest idea is so fun!
Give them a try and let us know what you think. The kids will love learning how to turn the sock into a fun sock snowman craft!
You can also try sock snowman without rice for another idea.
The kids are going to have a blast making these sock crafts!
We have so many traditions we do each year and these are truly the things that memories are made of. Add this adorable sock snowman to your list of traditions to continue year after year.
The entire family can get involved and it’s sure to be a blast. It doesn’t have to be pinterest perfect to create lasting memories.
So, get in there with the kids and just have fun. They will remember spending this precious time together for many years to come.
We love making homemade gifts and everyone seems to love them. Not only do we have so much fun making these gifts but everyone seems to love them.
One idea I plan to do for several people on my list is make them a gift basket with various goodies and tuck one of these adorable sock snowmen inside. Throw in a Christmas coupon book and maybe some Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub and you have a really thoughtful gift.
Grandparents love stuff like this. I find it is hard to shop for people that seem to have everything and these make really great gifts.
We also have made some of these cute little snowmen and paired it with a fun snowman book or coloring book for a great gift for kids! Pick up a snowman coloring book at the dollar store or order on Amazon for a really fun gift.
Try making a few new things this year and you will be surprised just how easy it is. Plus, you will have new gift ideas too!
Everyone will feel so special with these hand made gifts. Homemade Christmas coupons are so thoughtful and really special for those people in your life on your Christmas list.
If you are looking for a gift that will make someone feel loved and cared for, try making a homemade gift. Everyone will love it!
If you are looking for Hot Chocolate Gift Ideas, learn how to make a Hot Cocoa Ornament that is such a thoughtful and practical gift!
Learn how to focus on True meaning of Christmas. We have 7 way to help your family learn the true meaning of Christmas.
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over.
Find more ideas here for the holidays:
- DIY Christmas Burlap Wreath
- DIY Christmas Garland
- Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- Christmas Porch Ideas to Inspire You
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree on a Budget
- Non Toy Christmas Ideas for Kids
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Vanilla Peppermint DIY Foot Scrub
- How to Declutter your Home for the Holidays
- 25 of the BEST Christmas Gifts for Teen Boys
- 8 Secrets to a Debt Free Christmas
- Don’t Miss- The Best Christmas Books for Kids!
- Christmas Storage Ideas
- DIY Christmas Garland
- How to make a Snow Globe
- Sock Snowman Craft