Sock Snowman Craft
We love sock crafts and this Sock Snowman Craft does not disappoint. The kids will love helping with this fun craft. Each snowman has a little scarf and hat. You can let the kids choose the color!
This is such an easy craft but the results are just adorable! I like to order the socks on Amazon to make this even simpler. You can also grab them from the dollar store. They worked fine for this. Adult Socks say “Fit Shoe Size 6-11” and the Child Socks say “Fit Shoe Size 6-8” and they are crew socks.
You can pick up snowflake stickers at your local craft store but I order them on Amazon because they are cheaper. I can get a huge pack for less than a small pack at my local store. We do a ton of crafts so I like to have them on hand anyway.
Let’s learn how to make a snowman made out of socks!
Materials Needed for Sock Crafts:
- white adult and child size crew socks
- White ribbon, string or yarn
- black buttons
- orange pom poms
- small paper plate
- foam snowflake stickers
- hot glue and hot glue gun
2. Roll down the cuff of a sock and place a rolled paper plate into the sock. This will create a funnel for your rice. Pour rice into your sock. Remove the plate. Shake the rice down into the bottom of the sock.
3. Secure the sock with yarn or ribbon. You can use rubber bands here if desired, but I fear they will rot and fall apart and then your snowman will be no more. Secure tightly with a double knot. Trim excess string.
4. Return the paper plate to the sock and pour in more rice to create the head. You may need to pay attention to the sock as the heel may create an awkward head. Make sure the heel portion of the sock is on the back. Secure the sock just as you did for the body.
5. Trim the top of the sock and discard.
6. Cut a piece of fleece for the hat. As well as a thin strip to tie the hat (about 1/2″ x 6″)
(Adult Size was about 6″ x 11″ with a 12″ x 1″ scarf. Child size was 6″ x 8″ with the same size scarf)
7. Fold the long edge of the hat up, twice and secure with hot glue. This will create the brim of the hat. Wrap the hat around the snowman‘s head and attach together in the back with hot glue.
Don’t you think these are the cutest little Snowman made out of socks ever?
Give them a try and let us know what you think.