This bunny charm is so fun to make! Learn how to make a Bunny Charm with just a few steps. So easy! You will love making this darling little bunny! It’s the perfect charm to hang on Easter basket or use for a fun Easter decoration.
How to make a Bunny Charm
We have a cute and easy bunny craft to show you today. If you enjoyed making the DIY Easter Treat Pouch, you will love this bunny charm! Easter felt crafts are so easy to make and super fun! This charm will be so cute hanging on your child’s Easter basket or around the house for decoration. I was just at a local store and saw Easter basket charms and goodness they were pricey! Make your own for just a fraction of the cost! Plus, they are just so fun to make! I hate paying for things that I can easily make at home and have fun too!
Easy Bunny Craft
This craft is so easy to make and the main material needed is felt in an assortment of colors. Once you know how to make a bunny charm, let your imagination take over! You can mix up colors and make a variety of color schemes. These are so cute to hang on an Easter basket. You can see a ton of fun basket ideas here.
You could also let the kids help. If they are not old enough to use a needle, try using fabric glue instead. I just think these are so precious and how fun to make with your kids. Kids of various ages could easily help sort the different colors of felt. Another child could help glue and so forth! Just let each one help with what is appropriate for their age. So fun!
I purchase a big box of felt on Amazon in an assortment of colors. It saves me money and time. Plus, I have leftovers to do more fun Easter Felt Crafts! If you don’t already have a sewing kit, I purchased one of these sewing kit sets on Amazon. It’s been so handy. It’s so nice having everything you need together in a set. We do a lot of crafts so nothing goes to waste! I keep everything ready to go when the mood strikes for craft time around here!
List of supplies for Easter Felt Crafts:
- Felt – at least 5 different colors
- Bunny template – print here
- 2b pencil or black gel pen – for tracing the template on felt
- Needle and thread ( I love the sewing kits)
- Pink highlighter – optional but so cute!
How to make a Bunny Charm:
1. Print and then cut out the patterns from the template.
4. Prepare a lighter colored thread in a needle and start stitching the other parts on the front body part.
5. You can do running stitch or flat blanket stitch to attach the other parts. In choosing the needle, keep in mind to choose smaller needle for smaller (size) projects).
6. Now take the other body part (back side) and place it under the patterned part (with the patterned part facing up). Start stitching the body parts from anywhere but make sure to stop when you cross the first ear; also keep a small opening for stuffing.
7. Take a small piece of ribbon (around 4 to 5 inches should do) and fold it into half, creating a loop. Place 1 or 2 cm of the open ends of the ribbon in between the body parts at the bottom end. Now stitch the ribbon and the body parts together to join them. Continue to stitch but keep a small opening for the stuffing.
8. Cut the left over felts into smaller pieces; we’ll be using these for the stuffing. Insert the scrap felt pieces through the small opening.
9. Once you are done stuffing stitch and close the open end nicely. Use a pink highlighter to add blush shades on both cheeks of the bunny and your charm is ready!
Easter Crafts for Kids
Now that you have these adorable bunny charms simply attach to an Easter basket or use for other decorations! The “blush” for the bunny is totally optional but so easy with the pink highlighter. I really think it adds so much cuteness to the craft and it’s just so simple to do. I use different color ribbon depending on what basket I’m using. Sometimes I will use gold but I think pink or blue look nice too! You could even let your kids hand out these cute bunny charms to their friends. I think the DIY Easter Treat Pouch plus one of these fun bunny charms would be a darling combination! Hand out to friends, take to nursing homes and more! If you teach or maybe have children’s church, this would so fun to hand out to students as well! Plus, something that doesn’t take a lot of expense if you need to hand out a lot. 🙂
DIY Easter crafts are so fun!
We love making memories and fun Easter traditions are just a part of what we do. 🙂 I love giving the kids something to remember for years to come. They will love helping you make these cute bunny charms. We also make these Easy Easter Basket Cupcakes every year. Such fun memories! Long after the toys are old and gone, these sweet memories will stay forever in their little minds! Its not about what you spend, it’s about the time you take and the memories you make! 🙂
You might also like to make this Easy Paper Butterfly Craft for Kids! So Cute !