I have a fun and not so messy way for you and your little ones to color Easter eggs this year! Try using Kool-Aid. I just saw this on the Kraft website and I am so excited to share this with you! This is fast, easy and very inexpensive!
What You Need:
- a few different colors of Kool-Aid mix (2 of each color) – I suggest red, green, blue, and yellow
- hard boiled eggs
OK, are you ready? Like I said this is pretty easy, so you guys will be coloring eggs on no time!
How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool Aid
1. Empty same color Kool-Aid packets (2) in a small bowl and dissolve in about 2 tablespoons of water. Repeat this step for however many colors you are using.
2. Set hard boiled eggs on a wire rack (I like to use my cookie cooling racks like these) inside your kitchen sink. Rinse eggs with tap water and make sure the eggs are cool before your little one starts to color them.
3. Use an eye dropper (like these here) to slowly pour the colors of your choice over the eggs. Be creative here!
4. Rinse with cold tap water to set the color and let the eggs stay on the wire rack until dry.
It’s that easy! What fun ways do you and your family color Easter eggs?
I like to use this way to dye my eggs than the old dipping method – you can do them easier and they are more vibrant colors.
Please send in pictures as we would love to share them!
If you are making a lot of hard boiled eggs make sure you try our method of baking hard boiled eggs. It is so easy to do.
Learn how to tie dye Easter Eggs with shaving cream. It is so simple and very frugal to make shaving cream Easter eggs!