Learn how to dye easter eggs with kool aid. Grab a packet of kool aid and make vibrant dyed Easter eggs.
Dying eggs with koolaid
I have a fun and not so messy way for you and your little ones to color Easter eggs this year! Try using Kool-Aid. This is fast, easy and very inexpensive.
The kids can choose any flavor they want. From pink lemonade to berry blue, the eggs will turn out gorgeous. These dyed eggs are so easy to make using drink mix.
Let’s get started making kool aid dyed easter eggs.
- Kool Aid. Choose a few different colors of Kool-Aid mix (2 of each color) – I suggest red, green, blue, and yellow
- hard boiled eggs
This is pretty easy. You will be coloring eggs in no time at all.
How to Dye Eggs with Kool Aid
- Step 1. Empty the same color Kool-Aid packets (2) in a small bowl. Dissolve in about 2 tablespoons of water. Repeat this step for however many colors you are using.
- Step 2. Place the hard boiled eggs on a wire rack. I like to use my baking cooling racks and place inside the kitchen sink. Rinse eggs with tap water and make sure the eggs are cool before your little one starts to color them.
- Step 3. Drop the eggs into the cups with the Kool-aid mixture and allow the egg to sit to soak up the dye.
Step 4. Then carefully remove the eggs from the Kool-aid and let them sit on a wire rack to dry. You can use a Q-tip at this time to draw designs on your eggs before they dry!.
Do you need vinegar to dye eggs with Kool-Aid?
No, you do not. Kool aid egg dying does not require any vinegar.
You only need Kool-Aid and water. It is so easy.
Can you eat dyed Easter Eggs?
Easter eggs dyed with Kool aid are absolutely safe to eat. You don’t have to worry about wasting the eggs as you can eat them later.
The eggs will still taste the same and they are not altered at all by the kool aid. You might find a few spots slightly dyed depending on what color you use but they will not taste like the flavor.
How long will hard boiled eggs last?
They will last up to 7 days if stored in the fridge.
How to hard boil eggs
There are several methods for boiling eggs. Choose your favorite and see how easy it is.
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs . This takes 15 minutes and is a great option if you do not want to use the stove top.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs– If you have a pressure cooker, this is super easy and takes only 10 minutes.
- Hard boiled eggs in the oven. We love this method for an effortless way to cook hard boil eggs. The oven does all of the work and takes about 30 minutes.
Tips for dying eggs with koolaid:
- Speckled Eggs. Leave the eggs soaking longer if you want the speckled look.
- Allow to set. Don’t rub the eggs with a paper towel or they will smear. Allow to completely set before placing inside an egg carton.
- Cooled eggs. The hard boiled eggs need to be completely cool before dying in kool-aid.
Print the instructions to Dye eggs with kool aid:
How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool Aid
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Kool-Aid Packets various colors
- Dissolve a packet of Kool-aid in a cup with 2/3 cup water. Whisk until the kool-aid is dissolved into the water.
- Continue this process until you have each color dissolved in water in a separate cup.
- Place the hard boiled eggs in the cups and allow them to get completely covered with the kool-aid mixture. Let the eggs soak for 5-10 minutes until the eggs are the color that you prefer. The longer the eggs sit, the more vibrant the colors will be.
- Use a spoon to remove the eggs from the cup and place them on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet to cool completely.