Halloween Slime is a fun and easy DIY with just 4 simple ingredients. This slime is so festive with Halloween colors and googly eyes.
Easy Halloween Slime
It is really simple to make this easy slime DIY. Not only is this basic slime recipe so fun but it requires very little effort. You don’t need a ton of ingredients and the instructions are so simple.
This slime DIY is the perfect rainy day activity and everyone will have a blast. It is fun to make and even more fun to play with.
Slime is a double duty activity which makes it even better.
Why we love this slime:
- It is super easy. Anyone can make this in minutes.
- Sensory Play. This sensory slime recipe is a fun stem activity.
- Budget friendly. With so few ingredients, it is inexpensive to make.
Ingredients for Halloween slime
- 1 Bottle Green Glitter Elmer’s Glue (6 oz)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ Tbsp Contact Lens Saline Solution (with boric acid and sodium borate)
- Googley Eyes
With just these simple 4 ingredients, kids can make really cool slime for Halloween. It is super fast and easy.
How to make Halloween slime:
- Use a large bowl. Pour the glitter glue in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the baking soda and mix.
- Add the saline solution. Slowly add in the contact lens solution until the slime forms to the consistency that you prefer. Gradually add this in to ensure the desired consistency is formed.
You might have to direct the kids especially in this step to ensure it is added slowly.
- Mix and knead the mixture. As you add the contact lens solution, you’ll eventually need to mix and knead with your hands to form the stretchy slime.
- Mix in the googly eyes. Then stir in the googly eyes and the slime is ready to play with and enjoy! The kids will have a blast with this fun and easy slime.
What do I do if it is too sticky?
If the slime is sticky, add ½ teaspoon baking soda on the slime. Knead the slime until it isn’t sticky anymore.
Don’t be alarmed as this is an easy problem to correct. This should do the trick and easily and quickly make the slime the correct texture.
DIY Halloween slime tips
- Contact Solution. Ensure the contact solution has boric acid in the ingredient list. This is needed to properly make the slime.
- Elmer’s Glue. We recommend using Elmer’s glue in this recipe. Other brands may not be the same and alter the outcome of the slime.
- Store properly. If slime is left out, it will become hard and unusable.
How to store:
Place the slime in an airtight container. I like to use mason jars or old baby food jars.
You can also use a ziplock bag. However, I like to use the jars so you can make faces on the outside.
For example, you can use a sharpie to draw a monster face on the glass. This looks really cool with the slime behind it.
If you make white slime, make ghosts faces. Another idea is to make orange slime and make a Jack-O-Lantern face.
Either way, the slime will stay fresh and ready to play with.
- Different colors. Substitute different colors of glitter glue. Orange would be fun for a pumpkin or Jack-O-Lantern. White would be fun to put in a jar and decorate the jar like a ghost.
- Googly Eyes. You can omit this. The slime will still look festive using Halloween colors.
- Regular Glue. Instead of glitter glue, use regular white glue.
- Food Coloring. Try different colors of food coloring to alter this slime.
This Halloween Slime Recipe is so fun.
It is one of my favorite Halloween activities for kids. The kids always have a blast making this but it is very simple.
If you are looking for uncomplicated but fun activities for the kids, try this DIY. We also like making Fluffy Slime.
The ideas are endless for fun ideas. Don’t be hesitant to make slime. It is really easy and not that messy.
Print the instructions for Halloween Slime below:
- 1 bottle Green Glitter Elmer’s Glue 6 oz
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Contact Lens Solution with boric acid and sodium borate
- Googley Eyes
- Pour the glue in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the baking soda.
- Slowly add in the contact lens solution until the slime forms to the consistency that you prefer.
- As you add the contact lens solution, you’ll eventually need to mix and knead with your hands to form the stretchy slime.
- Then stir in the googley eyes and the slime is ready to play with and enjoy!