Oh man… with a house full of kids here we are bound to get carpet stains. If you look my carpet you will see that we picked out a multi colored one because it hides stains the best. 🙂 However, we still get stains and dark spots that drive me crazy. Today I thought I would share our homemade carpet cleaner. This homemade carpet stain remover does a great job at getting the stains out. You hardly need to work on it at all.
Just 2 ingredients for this homemade carpet cleaner!
- hydrogen peroxide
I’m sure you probably already have both of these. We keep both of these on hand at all time in our house.
How to make homemade carpet stain remover:
1. Just mix equal parts of Vinegar and Hydrogen peroxide in a bowl. Use immediately.
2. Pour the homemade carpet cleaner on the stain. Take a clean towel or rag and blot the stain. You will see the stain remover almost immediately.
This stuff really does work amazing. The stains are gone almost instantly. We have used this on dirt, some dark juice, and this mysterious stain. It works all the time. Allow it to dry completely and then vacuum and you have stain-free carpets again. 🙂
If you are on a cleaning spree, make sure you check out our other frugal cleaning posts:
- How to Clean Stove Top with one easy step!
- How to Clean Shower Head in one easy step
- How to Clean Kitchen Sponge in one easy step
- How to Remove Blood Stains from clothing