Learn how to save money on meat and still feed your family well. These practical tips are easy to try and effective to reduce the budget.
How to save money on meat
With rising food costs, everyone is trying to save money on groceries. With a few easy steps, we are going to show you how.
Yesterday, my son and I ran to Sam’s to do our monthly shopping trip. We ran over to snag some meat and found some amazing prices.
Don’t you love when that happens? I stocked up and saved over $150 in meat.
I have already mentioned 7 ways to save on meat. Today, I thought I would show you how I used those principles to save over $150.
You can see how I applied these tips and hopefully be encouraged to do the same.
Tip 1: Look for reduced for quick sale
See the red sticker on that meat? It is reduced for quick sale. That means they need to sell it quick before its sell by date.
On this package of meat alone, I saved over $4. Normally I only find a package or two of meat that is reduced but this time I found a ton of ground beef. I stocked up because you can freeze it.
I still got my preferred meat, 90/10 so I didn’t buy other than what I normally like. Plus, I divided it all up into my freezer bags and froze it all.
I was able to save a ton of money without much time or effort.
How do you find meat reduced for quick sale?
- Go in the mornings. Butcher’s normally mark down their meat first thing in the morning.
- Ask the butcher. Next time you are in the grocery store, just ask when they reduce the meat. I asked the butcher at my local store and they said in the mornings they start their day marking down meat. It never hurts to simply ask.
- Look for the sticker. Even if you are shopping in the evening, you might find a package that is marked down. Always keep an eye out for the sticker. You never know what you might find.
You can learn even more about how to save on reduced for quick sale meat. Anything you can do to reduce the price per pound will help the total grocery bill.
What did I find?
- I snagged a roast for cheap. They are expensive but it is worth it for the occasional splurge. I love when I find them marked down because the savings helps.
- I also snagged the pre-made hamburger patties marked down. This is awesome for my family. I bought several packs and placed them in a freezer bag. Now, we are ready for burger night.
- Pork ribs were cheap too. These are amazing in the crock pot. Try Country style pork ribs in the slow cooker.
Tip 2: Cut up your own meat.
Now if you notice in the picture above, you will see two giant pork tenderloins. I bought them instead of pork chops…
Why? Because it is way cheaper that way and great way to save.
Instead of paying almost double for pork chops, I paid less than half per pound. Talk about a nice savings.
Don’t panic by the date on the picture above- this is an old picture. But I wanted to show you that you can get it for that cheap.
Saving $2.50 per pound is a huge deal. This tenderloin alone would have cost DOUBLE than I paid if I would have bought it already cut up.
How to cut meat easily?
- Cutting up the tenderloin can be annoying, but my tip is to freeze it a bit. Stick it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then use a huge knife to cut it. It will be much easier to handle after it has “hardened” a bit in the freezer.
Tip 3: Buy in bulk
As you can see in my picture, I bought a ton of meat. My freezer is FULL and I saved over $150 just in this shopping trip.
If I didn’t buy in bulk, I would have only saved $4, $8 or possibly $12. However, because I bought in bulk I really noticed the savings.
Try buying larger sized packages and dividing into smaller packs.
I definitely won’t have to buy meat for a while.
Try these easy tips.
I hope this post helps you and inspires you to start cutting down your grocery budget. It is possible and every little bit counts.
You might even want to talk to local farmers about purchasing large amounts of meat.
These tips are simple and easy. You don’t have to spend a ton of time to save money. You can find a great deal and save in the long run.
From chuck roast and different cuts of beef to ground meat and chicken breasts, you can save money and enjoy great meals.
We all need to save money and these easy tips will help do that.
Thank you .For your information, it is veryhelpful.