I’m going to show you how to make a dreamcatcher for kids today!
Let’s get started making these Easy To Make Dream Catchers!
- Embroidery Hoops (large is 6″ and small is 3″)
- Embroidery Floss in various colors
- Pom Poms in various colors
- Feathers in various colors
- Butterfly Floral Picks
- Low Temperature Hot Glue
DIY Dream Catcher Tip:
Don’t separate the embroidery floss. You will use six strands!
1. For the 3″ dream catchers, you’ll want to cut your embroidery floss about 18-24″ in length. For the larger, 6″ hoop, you will want to cut your embroidery floss about 30-36″ in length.
2. Once your embroidery floss is cut, attach a small dab of hot glue to the back of the hoop.
3. Gently press the floss into the glue and let set to harden. Begin by wrapping the floss around the hoop in any and all directions. Secure the remaining tail on the back of the hoop with hot glue. Trim the excess. Repeat for the desired number of colors, attaching it to a different area on the back of the hoop when you begin.
4. When you are finished, cut pieces of embroidery floss and weave them through the bottom of the hoop. Tie the remaining end around feathers and attach pom poms if desired. Add additional feathers and if you want to be creative, braid three pieces of floss together to create a different look.
5. Add pom poms and butterflies to your dream catcher to encourage sweet dreams! Finally add embroidery floss to the top of the hoop to hang!
Now that you know how to make a DreamCatcher for kids, it’s time to get the kids and start creating!
These are so fun to make. I just love to see the kid’s personalities come to life and watch how each dreamcatcher turns out. This is the perfect craft for kids of all ages.