Learn how to make an Origami Heart with these easy step by step instructions. This is such a simple DIY but tons of fun and the perfect activity for the kiddos.
How to make an Origami Heart
Grab some paper and get started today making this cute origami heart. We love origami and it makes for such an easy activity. It is perfect for rainy days or when it is too hot outside to play.
We recently make this Origami Cube and the kids really enjoyed it. I thought I would try making an origami heart and everyone had a blast.
You really can’t beat an activity that only calls for a piece of paper. Talk about simple and easy!
You do not have to spend tons of money or time for activities to be fun. This is a great example of an activity that utilizes things around the house.
We also love to make Origami Bookmarks. These are really fun and another great activity to try.
Let’s make an origami heart!
Supplies for diy origami heart:
- Paper cut into a square. Any size will work. Ours measure 14 cm X 14 cm for these hearts.
How to fold an origami heart:
- Fold to the bottom of the paper to the top of the paper and crease the fold. Then undo this fold.
- Fold the right side of the paper to the left side of the paper and crease the fold. Then undo this fold. You should have a crease cross shape on your paper from these folds.
- The fold the bottom of the paper to the center fold and crease this folder. Flip the paper over.
- Fold the bottom right corner of the paper to the center crease diagonally.
- Fold the bottom left corner of the paper to the center crease diagonally as well.
- Flip the paper over again. There should be a small triangle pocket visible at the bottom of your paper.
- Fold the right side of the paper to the center crease.
- Then fold the left side of the paper to the center crease as well.
- Fold the top right corner to the center crease diagonally and crease this fold.
- Fold the top left corner to the center crease diagonally as well and crease this fold.
- Bring the top triangle down and insert it into the bottom triangle pocket gently.
- Then flatten the top section of the heart.
- Fold the top left corner of the paper in diagonally to the side of the sideways triangle.
- Fold the top right corner of the paper in diagonally to the side of the opposite sideways triangle.
- Finally fold the top 2 points of the heart down slightly to finish your origami heart!
Now you know How to make an Origami Heart!
Try this easy origami heart!
You really can try this easy DIY anytime you want since the supplies are so minimal. You just need a sheet of paper to get started.
Choose any color you like and have a blast. This is perfect for Valentines Day and would be so cute to hand out to friends.
Origami is a great example of something that is simple and frugal but a lot of fun.
Let us know how your origami heart turns out.
You are going to have a blast making these. We have used them for decorations. Another idea is to string them together and make garland.
This would be so cute for party or room decor. Did I mention it is frugal? We really love origami.
We have so much fun with DIY projects!
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
If your kids love playdough, they are going to go crazy over this Color Changing Homemade Playdough Recipe.
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
Grab some paper and learn how to make this easy origami cube.
Learn how to make glue and save a ton of money on your craft projects.
You can also learn how to make mod podge for your craft projects and more. It is so easy and homemade mod podge will save a ton of money along the way.
Kids will also like to learn how to make Chalkboard Slime! Take slime to the next level by making this cool chalk slime recipe.
Make this colorful rainbow tissue paper craft with the kiddos for the perfect indoor activity.
We are going to show you how to make a paper airplane that is simple but tons of fun! Kids will love this fun idea!
Skip the store and learn how to make a pop up card at home. These are just gorgeous and turn out beautiful.
This adorable Owl toilet paper roll craft is so frugal to make and tons of fun.
Try these other easy origami for kids:
Try these other paper crafts for kids:
Try these other easy crafts for kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- how to make floam