Grab some paper and learn how to make this easy origami cube. This is a simple but fun activity perfect to keep the kids busy while having a blast.
We have recently been trying our hand at Origami and the kids absolutely love it. It is such a fun activity and super easy. No fancy materials required or trip to the craft store for this Origami Cube.
This is a great example of an activity that utilizes things around the house. If you need a rainy day activity, try making an Origami Cube.
We also love to make Origami Bookmarks. These are really fun and another great activity to try.
Just gather some paper and you can make this fun Origami Cube. We even started out practicing with scrap paper to get the hang of it.
Supplies for paper cube origami:
- Paper – We used 6 different colors of origami paper but you can use any colors that you like. Even scrap paper would work.
How to make a cube out of paper:
- First, each sheet of paper needs to be cut into the same size square. We made a 6″X6″ square for this cube but any size will work as long as they are all the same size.
Bigger squares make larger cubes and smaller squares will make smaller cubes.
- Then take one piece of paper and fold the paper in half horizontally, crease the fold and then unfold.
- Next, fold the top corner to the center crease and the bottom to the center crease and crease these folds as well. Do NOT unfold these after you fold the sides.
- Then you take the bottom right corner and fold to the top and crease this fold after you fold the corners.
- Take the top left corn and fold it to the bottom and crease this fold.
- Unfold both of the folds that were done in steps 4&5.
- Then unfold the top fold and then fold in the upper right corner. Then fold the top back down.
- Next unfold the bottom fold and fold in the bottom left corner. Fold the bottom back down.
- Unfold the top fold again and fold the bottom right corner back to the top on the crease already created.
- Then fold the top section back down.
- Next, take the top left corner and fold into the pocket at the bottom corner left section. This is done both top and bottom.
- Flip it over and fold down the top triangle and bottom triangle. Make sure to crease each fold.
- Follow steps 2-12 for the other 5 pieces of paper.
How to make a paper cube
- Once the pieces have all been assembled. Create your cube by inserting each triangle into a pocket on a different color square until the cube has been formed.
- This is like putting together a puzzle.
Now you have step by step instructions.
Give this a try and share in the comments how it turns out. If you can flip the paper and bend paper, you can make this.
Try making a tiny origami cube today.
This is a neat project. Since you probably already have some paper at home, you can easily get started making this project today.
Make this modular origami cube today.