Learn how to make DIY Make Up Remover. It is very simple and truly the best makeup remover. This homemade makeup remover leaves your skin soft and completely removes all traces of makeup.
DIY Make Up Remover
I love to make as many products as I can naturally. Once I learned how to make makeup remover, my only regret is not making it sooner.
This make up remover homemade version only takes a few minutes to make and it’s very inexpensive. Plus, I love knowing that what I’m putting on my face is all natural.
You only need 3 natural ingredients to make the best makeup remover ever! No need for a separate makeup remover for your eyes because this is the best eye makeup remover as well!
We have also made this DIY Body Lotion. I love being able to control what goes into our products. No worries about chemicals or additives.
Why you will love this:
- Double duty product. It works great to remove makeup and eye make up.
- It is simple to make. It’s even better because it’s so simple and quick to make!
- Budget Friendly. Plus, this DIY is very inexpensive. I actually save a lot of money making this myself. You can use all that saved money for a spa day!
- You won’t find any hidden ingredients. Store bought products often have hard to pronounce names and huge list of ingredients. I don’t know about you, but it gets so frustrating trying to read all the ingredients in my facial products.
DIY Makeup Remover with essential oils.
This diy makeup remover uses lavender essential oils. This smells amazing and is so calming.
Lavender is so good for your skin. It’s just one of the many Lavender Essential Oil Uses. We have really been utilizing essential oils around here.
Essential oils can also help allergies. Do you have a favorite essential oil that you use all the time?
How to make the Best Makeup Remover Recipe:
- Step 1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 40 seconds in a microwave safe bowl. Please use caution as this liquid will be hot.
- Step 2. Measure and mix in your vitamin E oil .
- Step 3. Pour the Lavendar oil into the mixture. Add 5 drop of lavender essential oil and combine ingredients.
- Step 4. Next, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden the mixture.
How to use diy makeup remover:
Place a small amount on the end of a wet washcloth and use it to remove your make up. Apply in circular motions as you gently massage into skin.
This also is the best eye makeup remover! Just be extra gentle around the sensitive eye area. You could also use a cotton pad or makeup remover pads instead of a cloth.
It completely removed all my eye makeup including waterproof mascara. My skin felt soft and it didn’t irritate the sensitive eye area!
If you struggle with dry skin like I do, give this moisturizing DIY makeup remover a try. I really think you will love it as much as I do.
Store the makeup remover in a container with a tight fitting lid. We used glass jars and it works perfect.
I buy a case of jars on Amazon and keep them on hand. It’s perfect for this makeup remover and I love that I can rinse and reuse them.
You might want to use a small container for travel. This is more convenient than a larger size.
This helps to save even more! These also come in handy when I make this Brown Sugar DIY Body Scrub!
- Witch Hazel is great for oily skin. If you have witch hazel on hand, it is another good ingredient to use. Combine 2 tbsp witch hazel, 2 tbsp jojoba oil and 1 tbsp aloe vera.
- Rosewater is perfect for sensitive skin. Combine 2 tbsp rose water with 1 tbsp aloe vera gel.
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes. Use a small jar. Next, add 1 teaspoon of castile soap, 2 tsp of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons witch hazel, 5 drops of lavender essential oil, 5 drops vitamin E oil. Combine and add cotton rounds to the jar and secure the lid.
- Moisturizing Wash. Heat 1.5 ounces of shea butter using a double boiler. Then combine it with 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil. Stir and store inside an airtight container.
- Baby Shampoo. This is very good at removing a lot of makeup. Mix together ½ tablespoon of baby shampoo with ¼ tablespoon of sweet almond oil.
Use caution with DIY skin regimes and skincare products if you have skin conditions. This includes psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, acne-prone skin and more.
Talk with your dermatologist before introducing any new skin routines or DIY makeup remover recipes into your skincare routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes you run out of products and need to use what you have. If you run out of makeup remover, you can use coconut oil or Vaseline.
Some people like to just use coconut oil to remove makeup. You certainly can do this but I find using coconut oil alone does not work for eye makeup.
It’s too thick and can get in your eye. This DIY makeup remover seems to work better. However, coconut oil has lots of uses.
You can see my favorite 15 Uses for Coconut Oil. It’s great for all sorts of things. Keep it on hand because it has so many uses.
You can also use vaseline but you must be very careful to rinse all of this off. If any is remaining on the eye area, it could cause lots of irritation.
While this does work, it’s not my preferred method for eye makeup remover. I like the DIY eye makeup remover the best. It’s thinner and just easier to use in my opinion for sensitive skin types.
Print the instructions for DIY Makeup Remover:
DIY Makeup Remover
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vitamin E Oil
- 5 drops therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 40 seconds in a microwave safe bowl. Please use caution as this will be hot.
- Measure and mix in your vitamin E oil .
- Add 5 drop of lavender essential oil. Next place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.