I love being crafty and most of the time those crafty projects require the use of a magical product called Mod Podge. I love Mod Podge and it can be used on so many surfaces making it easy to work with, but it can be quite expensive. My bottle of Mod Podge was getting low so I decided to try to whip up my own batch of Homemade Mod Podge and it turned out perfect.
How to Make Homemade Mod Podge
With the use of glue and water you’ll be on your way to a Homemade Mod Podge that costs $1.00 instead of $9.00. You really can’t get much cheaper than this.
What you need for Homemade Mod Podge recipe:
- ½ Pint Mason Jar with lid
- 1 Bottle washable glue, 6 oz. (purchased at $0.99 store) – Don’t forget during back to school season you can get glue for $.25 and $.50.
- 1/3 cup water
Watch my video on how easy mod podge is to make:
How to make Homemade Mod Podge
1. Grab your ½ pint mason jar and remove the lid. Pour an entire bottle of washable kids glue to fill up the mason jar.
2. Now grab your cup of water and pour it on top of your glue. Apply your lid to the mason jar and shake it for a good minute.
3. By shaking it up you’ll be mixing the contents together which is creating our Homemade Mod Podge.
4. Remove the lid, dip in your paint brush and get crafty. Enjoy.
That is it! It really is that easy to make homemade mod podge!
No need to spend a fortune on store bought Mod Podge when you can make it at home. Can I get a woo-hoo? 🙂
Learn how to make glue.
Now that you know how to make homemade mod podge, you will save so much money!