I’ve seen Aloe Vera Ice cubes on Pinterest and I thought I had to give this a try. I was pleasantly surprised that it works! Today let’s talk about how to treat a bad sunburn. It happens. We forget to reapply the second or third time when we have been outside all day at the pool or working in the yard and a few hours later you find out that you have a very painful sunburn. Treating sunburn isn’t always easy, but one thing is sure – Aloe vera works great. It helps to cool it down and calm down the pain.
Can you freeze aloe vera gel?
At first, I thought you couldn’t freeze aloe vera, but that is completely wrong. You can! It freezes nicely and it really does help a terrible sunburn.
What is aloe vera?
Aloe Vera gel is obtained from an Aloe plant and it is used to help treat burns. It is great to help cool the skin and freezing it helps even more!
Materials you need:
How to make Aloe Vera Ice Cubes for treating sunburn:
1. Pump out your aloe Vera into your ice cube molds.
2. Use your finger tip to smooth the aloe out so that there aren’t any air bubble or missed corners
3. Set in the freezer overnight
4. Stretch out the sides of the mold and carefully press up on the bottom of each cube to pop them out. I keep mine in a freezer bag in the freezer, so I have them ready when I need them.
Rub your soothing aloe Vera cubes right on your sunburn for a little extra cool relief. Once they melt rub the aloe vera in. If you need more, grab a few more out of the freezer. You should have immediately relief with these aloe vera ice cubes. My kids love them, even when there sunburn isn’t very bad at all. 🙂
A little warning – keep out of reach of children and pets – you don’t want them to eat it. We help the little kids with them and on the freezer bag I always write “Don’t eat!” so my teenager doesn’t think it is a popsicle or a summer treat that I made in the freezer. 🙂
Make sure to get the kids involved on this one. They will love helping with it and even small hands can pump the aloe vera into the ice cube trays.
Try some of our other Summer activities:
- 20 Forgotten Summer Games for Kids
- Summer Drink Recipes the family will love
- 10 FREE Summer Activities for Kids
- Easy Summer Grilling Recipes