Today’s Homemade ornament is definitely my favorite of this entire Homemade Christmas ornaments series, even though I love them all. My family had so much fun making these cinnamon ornaments and we can’t wait to tell you how you can make them too. They smell amazing and the ingredients are quite simple:
what you need:
- 3/4 cup store bought applesauce
- 1 cup cinnamon + more for dusting
- about an 1/8 – cup tacky glue (I used Elmer’s and I just eye balled it)
- Christmas cookie cutters
- a straw to poke a hole
- ribbon to hang
That is really all you need.
How to make Cinnamon Applesauce ornaments:
1. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
If the cinnamon “dough” is too dry, add more applesauce. However, if it is too wet, add more cinnamon.
2. Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick (I like to cut them more on the thicker side, so they will last for years). Cut out different shapes by using your favorite cookie cutters.
3. Poke holes in the ornaments with a straw and place on a foil lined pan. Bake in a 170 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove and let air dry for 24 – 48 hours. I flipped mine over after 24 hours and let it to continue to dry.
5. Add decorations (or leave them beautifully plain like we did). Add ribbon and enjoy it on your tree.
Didn’t they just come out so beautifully?
My kids had a blast making these and they are so proud of them. They were all so shocked that you could make these ornaments with applesauce. Oh and the smell…. they simply just smell amazing. Amazing is the perfect for word them. They have that amazing Christmas smell. 😉
This weekend try these with your family. Make sure you come back and let me know how they turned out.
Learn how to make salt dough ornaments for the perfect afternoon craft. They also provide lasting memories that you can cherish for years to come.
Ohhh… don’t forget to check out all our other Homemade Christmas ornaments here.