It is time for another FUN post in our 12 days of Homemade Christmas ornaments. Today we are making this ribbon tree ornament using ribbon and a cinnamon stick. It is so fun and crazy easy to do.
Here is what you need:
- Cinnamon sticks (you can get these almost anywhere)
- Pieces of ribbon
- some glue
- twine or string
How to make this ribbon tree ornament:
Do you really need directions? 🙂
- Tie on your ribbons to the cinnamon stick. I used 4. Try to use different ribbons that coordinate.
- Trim the ribbons to they form the shape of a Christmas tree.
- You could put a piece of glue on the back of the tied ribbon to keep them in place.
- Top with a star button (or cut out a star out of felt).
- Glue on your string to hang
It is that easy!
Try making it with different materials. Here are my suggestions:
- Try scraps of fabric
- Burlap would be cute
- Use left over Christmas ribbon
The end result is just adorable! This would be fun for the kids to make and would look great on any tree. Use material that you already have on hand and this is a very frugal homemade Christmas ornament.
Make sure you check out all our Homemade Christmas Ornaments.