This DIY Golfer Costume is perfect for a Halloween Party or trick or treating. You can even add a golf bag or golf putter to complete your outfit for the golf club or golf tournament.
DIY Golfer Costume
The entire costume is inexpensive to make and takes very little time or effort. You might even have the items you need at home. If not, check out your local goodwill.
If you need a last minute Halloween costume idea, this is such an easy costume idea. This golf-themed Halloween costume is easy to put together without much work or accessories.
- sweater vest (my boys wore these from Easter, they’re from Children’s Place)
- newspaper cap (like old-fashioned golfers used to wear)
- long socks
- cotton material to match sweater (for the pants)
How to make a Golfer Costume:
- Step 1. Find a sweater vest. I found the sweater vest in my boys closet. I thought it would be perfect for a golfer. When I showed my husband he immediately said “Payne Stewart”!
At the time, he was a current PGA player who dressed like an old-fashioned golfer. He has since passed away. We just used a simple white shirt underneath the sweater vest. You can choose long sleeves or short sleeves.
- Step 2. Add a hat for the costume. I also had adorable newsboy caps (similar to these) my boys wore during the summer. They fit perfectly with this golfer idea! Choose from a green cap, grey or any color you want.
- Step 3. Add pants to complete the costume. All I needed were some cute little pants to finish off the outfit! I took the sweater vests I had and headed to the fabric store to find some fabric with a similar pattern. I was lucky enough to find two different types of fabric!
I used a pattern similar to this Butterick Pattern and just made the legs a bit shorter, so they would look like knickers. I also put elastic in the bottom of the legs so they would stay up.
It is just that easy to make this costume. I was able to create golfer costumes for my boys with just a tad more than they already had in their closet.
What do you have in your closet that you can use for a fun Halloween costume? Be sure to share your creativity with us! Golf fans will love this costume.