Mario and Luigi Costume DIY is so easy to make for a fun Halloween costume. This Mario Brothers Costume is an easy homemade costume.
Mario and Luigi Costumes DIY
This is such a clever costume without much work or expense. This costume idea takes only a few supplies for such an easy costume. Anyone can make this diy costume.
If your kids love Super Mario Brothers video game, this costume will definitely be a hit. You probably have many of these items at home and the rest you can get at the craft store or goodwill.
This idea is also perfect for family Halloween costumes.
- Green and Red Sweatshirts or Long sleeve green shirt or red.
- White gloves
- Overalls. Check goodwill or borrow from a friend.
- Paper Star. You can print this off the internet.
- Red felt, Green felt and White felt to make the hats.
How to make Mario and Luigi Costumes DIY:
- Step 1. Attach the star to the overalls. Just print out a star and tuck it into the overalls pocket. If it seems like it will fall out, secure it with some fabric tape.
- Step 2. Choose your shirt. Decide if you are wearing a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt in red or green.
- Step 3. Make the hat for the costume. Purchase a red or green ball hat from the craft store or shop your house. Make a circle out of white felt. Then cut out the letter “L” and letter “M” in green or red felt.
Use fabric glue or hot glue to attach it to the white circle and then attach that to the hat to complete the outfit.
Tips and Tricks
- Hats DIY. It is as easy as using a plain green hat and red baseball hats. Then gluing the circles and the letters on directly to the premade hats. The costume is super easy to make.
- Store bought Mario hats make another great option. You can also buy store bought Super Mario Bros Hats. I spotted this set that includes hat, gloves and mustaches. Even if you just buy the hats, you are still getting a great deal for the costumes by creating the other pieces yourself.
- Star. Another option for the stars is to use yellow felt. Cut a star out with fabric scissors and tuck into the pocket. If you would like it sturdier, you can always use a hot glue gun to attach to cardboard.
- Family or group costume. This Super Mario Costume is a fun costume idea to do as a group. Everyone can choose their favorite characters. You can add the Toad Costume, Princess Peach Costume, Bowser costume and Yoshi Costumes.
- You can use a pair of pants. If you do not have overalls, just use a dark colored pair of pants or dark denim. It will still be perfect for trick or treating.
This Halloween costume is a budget-friendly suggestion that will result in an adorable outcome. Opt for either Mario or Luigi, or even both. It is a delightfully enjoyable concept that solely necessitates basic materials.
Moreover, it is incredibly versatile as it can be utilized for an individual costume, siblings, or even a large group. Give it a shot today and witness its remarkable simplicity.
Print the instructions for this Mario and Luigi Costume DIY below:
DIY Mario Costume
- Green and Red Sweatshirts or Long sleeve shirts
- White gloves 2 for $2 at Walmart I believe
- Overalls check goodwill or borrow from a friend
- Paper Star – print it off the internet
- Red Green and White felt to make the hats
- The only thing you really need to make is the hats. I found a tutorial here on how you can easily make the hats out of felt.
- If you don’t have any sewing experience, ask a friend. Maybe you can clean her kitchen while she makes the hats. Or you could just buy plain green and red baseball hats and clue the circles and the letters on directly to the premade hats.