Do you enjoy having an annual Halloween Party for the kids? We love hosting parties for the kids and neighbors but the cost can quickly add up! However, with lots of frugal ideas and thinking outside the box, you can easily throw a Halloween Party on a budget! From food and decorations to games and party favors…..we have you covered! Here are my favorite tips
How to throw a Halloween Party on a Budget:
1. Halloween Decorations on a budget:
There is no need to spend tons of money on decorations. Get creative and make your own decorations. You can use things that easily can be found at home! Here are some very simply and fun halloween decorations on a budget:
- Homemade Large Spider Decoration– So easy and very frugal! The kids can even help.
- Candy Corn Banner– This is super cheap to make and very quick.
- Glow Sticks– Put them in lanterns on the porch, jars or anywhere! These can also double as party favors!
- Spiderweb Decoration for Front Door or Window– Use black craft tape for this!
- Balloon Ghost – so cheap and easy to make
- Mummy Candy Holder– combine cheesecloth and cottonballs and you have an adorable candy holder. Aren’t these adorable?
- Black Glittered Pumpkins – these kids can do this.
- Mummy Decorations– this uses old cereal boxes, so it is a great way to recycle and spend no money.
2. Play FREE Halloween party games:
What’s a party without games? Here are several fun and easy Halloween party games that are cheap (and even free) and can be quickly put together. You can find several ideas for ALL ages.
- Halloween Party Games for Adults
- Halloween Party Games for Kids
- Halloween Party Games for Families
- Frugal Craft and Game Ideas
- Fun Fall Crafts– The paper plate pumpkin activity would be a cute one for a Halloween Party.
3. Make Frugal Halloween Party Food
Here are some easy Desserts and Snacks to save money. Get the kid’s involved and let the preparation be part of the fun! You will love these frugal Halloween party food ideas:
- Easy Halloween Dessert for Kids– Lots of easy snacks using food you probably already have.
4. . Don’t forget Halloween Party Favors
Kid’s love party favors and we have several non candy ideas that are mom approved! I particularly like the glow sticks because they can be used for multiple activities.
- 20 Fun Non-Candy Halloween Treats– lots of ideas from play-doh and tattoos to stickers and whistles!
- Glowsticks– So fun and kid’s can use these for trick or treating too! We always pass these out.
5. Encourage Homemade Halloween Costumes
Halloween Costumes can be pricey but I have lots of frugal homemade options for you here! Encourage your guests to make their own Halloween costumes and even consider throwing a Homemade Halloween costume contest, so your friends don’t feel they have to spend a fortune on a Halloween costume.
Here are some easy Homemade Halloween costumes:
- Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids– so many options from Laffy Taffy to 50’s Halloween Costume and spiders and more!
- Spider Costume
- Hershey’s Candy bar
- Laffy Taffy Costume
- Referee Costume
- Easy Golfer Costume
- and more!
Not Crafty or short on time? Purchase a costume for a great price.
Easy tips for a Halloween Party on a Budget.
I hope these tips will help you throw a super fun and easy Halloween party on a budget this year for your family.
Now it is your turn…
Do you have any tips to add for a successful Halloween Party on a Budget?
Get the entire family involved in dressing up for Halloween . Even your sweet dog! You will love these 15 easy homemade dog costumes that are so cute for Halloween.