Liquid Starch Slime has only 3 easy ingredients for a fun slime recipe your kids will love. If you are looking for a super easy slime recipe, this is a great one to try for loads of fun.
Liquid Starch Slime Recipe
Making slime is all the rage these days and this Liquid Starch Slime is a great one to try. With only 3 ingredients, it is a no fuss DIY that can be made in minutes. This recipe does not require saline solution.
If you are looking for a really easy slime recipe, this is a great one to try. Whether you are new to making slime or just need something quick, this is one of the easiest recipes to try.
With just a few easy ingredients, your kids will be a pro at learning how to make slime. This is the easiest slime recipe and does not require a lot of ingredients.
What is liquid starch?
This is a great option if you do not want to use borax powder and a popular activator for slime. It can usually be found with the laundry detergent at grocery stores or Walmart.
You can also order it from Amazon. Sometimes, you can also spot it at craft stores with slime supplies.
Is liquid starch a slime activator?
Liquid starch is another activator for slime and a great option if you don’t want to use borax powder. We often use Sta-Flo but you can use whatever brand you prefer.
This is one of the best slime activators to use.
How much liquid starch do you need for slime?
Just note that the brand you actually use can impact the amount used in your slime recipe. You may have to play with it to get the desired consistency in a basic slime recipe.
What does starch do to slime?
The starch binds to the glue giving it that slimy feel that slime is known for. If you have been hesitant to make slime with your kids, it really is a great learning experience. It is also a neat science experiment that is so much fun to do at home.
This is very easy to use and you simply mix in the liquid starch until the slime is formed. Once the glue starts pulling away from the edge of the bowl, remove the stretchy slime with your hands.
Then knead with your hands until the slime is the consistency that you prefer.
Ingredient for slime recipe with liquid starch:
How to make slime with liquid starch:
- Step 1. Pour the cup glue in a large mixing bowl. Keep in mind that Elmer’s glue is best when making slime. Off brands just do not result in the same consistency.
- Step 2. Add the drops of food coloring and stir thoroughly.
- Step 3. Slowly stir in the liquid starch.
- Step 4. Stir the simple ingredients together. When the glue starts to pull away from the bowl, remove from the bowl and mix with your hands. If the slime is too sticky, add more liquid starch until it’s the consistency that you prefer.
How to make fluffy slime with liquid starch and shaving cream:
You need a component in fluffy slime that will make the mixture become a puffy texture. If you want to make fluffy slime, add a cup of shaving cream to the glue mixture.
Is liquid starch toxic?
Liquid starch should never be ingested and make sure to wash hands thoroughly after playing with the slime.
Borax vs liquid starch slime
Many people do not like using borax powder in slime and prefer to use liquid starch. Just use what you prefer.
However, it should be noted that there is actually borax in liquid starch.
How to store:
I like to store the slime in a mason jar or ziploc plastic bag to keep it fresh. You can use what you prefer.
This slime is so fun to make. The kids will love playing with liquid starch slime.
Print the instructions for Liquid Starch Slime:
Liquid Starch Slime
- 1/2 Cup White Glue
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Starch
- Food Coloring Optional
- Place the white glue in a large mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly stir in the liquid starch.
- Stir and when the glue starts to pull away from the bowl or stick to the spoon, remove from the bowl and mix with your hands. If the slime is too sticky, add more liquid starch until it’s the consistency that you prefer.