I have been making my own foaming hand soap for quite some time, because it is such an easy way to save money. I finally decided to show you how to make foaming hand soap. This idea is very similar to my post on how to make foaming body wash.
If you buy foaming hand soap at the store, you will pay more money. Not only are you paying more for the simple fact that it is “foaming” but you are actually getting less soap in there, so you are paying much more than you might think. I like to stock up on regular hand soap when I can get it for cheap with my sales and coupons. Then I just make my own foaming hand soap.
For example, this regular bottle of Dial hand soap cost me only $.50 thanks to my coupons. 🙂 However, I am going to stretch that money even further by making foaming hand soap. I will be able to get 4 to 5 bottles of foaming hand soap out of this regular soap, which means by homemade foaming hand soap only cost me $.10 each!! Now that is really nice.
How to make foaming hand soap
What you need:
- Regular hand soap (don’t use the creamy ones)
- a foaming hand soap dispenser (you can use a left over one or buy a nice one on sale here)
What do do:
- First, you will pour some regular hand soap into the foaming soap dispenser. You will just fill the container about a quarter of the way up. Not much at all.
- Then you will fill the rest of the container with water. Add lid back on
- Allow the foam and bubbles to setttle. Begin to use. Immediately, you will have fabulous foaming hand soap.
Isn’t that just so neat?
I know that this seems so fancy, but I love this idea for the kids – it is a great way to keep the kids from using too much soap. However, they will want to play in it too. 🙂
Make sure you check out some of our frugal projects: