DIY Foaming hand soap is easy to make at home. Save money and stop buying store bought foaming soap. With only 2 items needed, it is simple.
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
I have been making my own foaming hand soap for quite some time because it is such an easy way to save money. Now, it is time to show you how to make foaming hand soap.
We also love to make foaming body wash.
If you buy foaming hand soap at the store, you will pay more money. Not only are you paying more for the simple fact that it is “foaming” but you are actually getting less soap in the dispenser.
You are actually paying much more than you might think. I like to stock up on regular hand soap when I can get it inexpensively during a good sale. Then, I just make my own foaming hand soap.
Can you turn liquid hand soap into foaming soap?
Yes, you can and it is very easy and inexpensive to do. You just need to mix regular soap with water in an empty foaming soap bottle.
For example, this regular bottle of Dial hand soap cost me only $.50 thanks to a sale and coupon. However, I am going to stretch that money even further by making foaming hand soap.
I will be able to get 4 to 5 bottles of foaming hand soap out of this regular soap. This means the homemade foaming hand soap only cost me $.10 each!! Now that is really nice.
What Makes Foaming Soap Foam?
You need a foaming dispenser. Once you pump the mixture, it pushes air into the soap which creates the foam.
The foaming soap pump creates the foam and it is all very simple.
What you need:
- Regular hand soap (don’t use the creamy ones)
- a foaming hand soap dispenser (you can use a left over one or buy a nice disposable dispenser. )
How to make foaming hand soap from Liquid soap:
- Step 1. Pour regular soap into the foaming dispenser. First, you will pour some regular hand soap into the foaming soap dispenser. You will just fill the container about a quarter of the way up. You do not need to use much.
- Step 2. Add water. Then you will fill the rest of the container with water.
- Step 3. Place the lid on and shake. Add the lid back on and shake until combined.
- Step 4. Allow to settle. Let the foam and bubbles settle. Now, you can use the foaming hand soap.
Recommended Foaming soap containers:
- Leftover bath and body works containers
- Automatic Foaming Soap Dispensers
- Glass Hand Soap Dispensers. There are several different designs including mason jars and more. Lots of great choices.
Any of these options would work to make foaming soap. Feel free to use the container that is best suited for you.
- Dish Soap. You can try using dish detergent instead of hand soap to mix with the water.
- Essential Oils. Add your favorite essential oil to the soap mixture if you are using unscented soap.
- Castile Soap. Substitute this instead of hand soap and mix with water to make foaming hand soap. Castile soap is made with a blend of coconut oil and will make your skin very soft.
Tips to ensure the foaming pump works:
- Don’t use too much soap. The mixture should be properly diluted. Too much soap used in the mixture will make the pump hard to use.
- Use on a regular basis. The pump might start to stick and become hard to pump if not used on a regular basis.
Helpful tips to make DIY Foaming Hand Soap:
- Soap. We don’t suggest using creamy soaps or anything with beads or exfoliants. It will not combine well and often will clog the pump making it difficult to dispense.
- Water. You can use regular tap water or distilled water. Warm water helps the mixture to combine more easily and cuts down on the suds.
Make this soap today.
I know that this seems so fancy but I love this idea for the kids. It is a great way to keep the kids from using too much soap. It seems they always pump too much and this method is the perfect money saver.
This type of soap reduces the amount you use as well as the water. It is a win all around.
Once you see how easy this is, you will love to make it all the time. It works great and saves a bunch of money. Try it today for an easy DIY anyone can easily make in just minutes.
Print this Foaming Hand Soap recipe below:
How to make Foaming Hand Soap
- Regular hand soap don’t use the creamy ones
- Foaming hand soap dispenser you can use a left over one or buy a nice one on sale here
- First, you will pour some regular hand soap into the foaming soap dispenser. You will just fill the container about a quarter of the way up. Not much at all.
- Then you will fill the rest of the container with water. Add lid back on
- Allow the foam and bubbles to setttle. Begin to use. Immediately, you will have fabulous foaming hand soap.