Learn how to make a stress ball that not only helps to reduce stress but is so fun to make. You will love how simple it is to make this DIY Stress Ball and they are so cute.
DIY Stress Ball
Do you have stress in your life? I know….what kind of question is that? Of course Moms have stress!
Well, we are going to show you how to make a DIY Stress Ball to help melt that stress away. These are so easy to make and also a really fun DIY project.
Get the kids involved and everyone can make their own stress ball complete with crazy hair and silly faces. It is so much fun.
How do stress balls work?
When you squeeze the stress ball and release, it helps to also reduce the tension in the body. This in turn, reduces stress and helps with sensory processing.
Can stress balls help anxiety?
Yes, they can. The same way the stress balls work when you clench and release, they also work in reducing anxiety.
These balls are perfect for a sensory activity.
What is the best filling for a stress ball?
Some ideas include: flour, cornstarch, sand and uncooked rice. It should be easy to squeeze.
How to make a stress ball with balloons
- Step 1 – Using the funnel, put approximately 1 cup of flour into the empty bottle.
- Step 2 – Blow up the balloon and put the end of the balloon on the top of the bottle with flour in it. You may have to stretch the balloon a little bit.
- Step 3 – Slowly turn the bottle over causing the flour into the balloon. You may need to the hold the end of the balloon on the bottle so it does not fall off during the process of filling the balloons.
- Step 4 – Once all the flour is in the balloon, carefully remove the neck of the balloon from the bottle and slowly allow the remaining air out of the balloon so only the flour is in the balloon.
- Step 5 – Tie a knot in the balloon once all the air has been removed. Make sure the balloon is closed securely.
- Step 6 – Once you tie the balloon, it is time to decorate. Decorate the balloon using the sharpies and yarn with the style of your choosing. Use scissors to cut the yarn to make crazy hair. Enjoy!
It is that easy to make a squishy stress ball.
The kids will have a blast decorating the balloons and their creativity really flows. This is such a fun DIY project and really helpful too.
I let the kids choose what color of balloon they want to make their stress ball with. They get to decorate and it is so much fun.
Now you know how to make a homemade stress ball.
How do you make aromatherapy stress balls?
This is so easy to do. Simply, add the desired essential oil to the flour before putting in the balloon.
We love to use lavender. Learn all about the uses of Lavender here.
Find out the best oils for relaxation.
DIY Stress ball with sand for another great option.
You can also try using sand instead of the flour as another option when making these DIY stress balls. Just use what you prefer! You can even use water beads.
They both work great.
Homemade stress balls filling ideas:
You can use rice, play dough, cornstarch or flour. Any of these would make a great idea.
If you do not have a funnel, use a water bottle with the bottom cut off. It will work just as well for this project.
How to store:
Store the stress balls in a cool place away from excessive heat or elements.
How long will diy stress balls last?
Homemade stress balls can last anywhere from a week to a few months. It depends on the quality of balloons used.
The material in balloons will deteriorate over time. The length of time it will last also varies based on how much it is used and squeezed.
Try making DIY Stress Relievers today.
Stress is all around us everyday it seems. Take a few minutes to make these adorable DIY Stress Balls today.
Your entire family will have a blast making them and everyone will have their own stress ball. Melt stress away with these DIY stress balls.