Make these easy homemade valentines for kids without much expense or effort. We have 2 free printables to choose from making this so simple.
Easy homemade valentines for kids
I am excited to share with you a VERY easy printable Valentines for kids. My kids love this and it so fun to make.
You can choose from 2 cute options with these free printables. Just add a Dum-Dum sucker and you are set.
Not only are these easy but they are sure to be a hit. The kids will love making these while their classmates will be thrilled to get one.
This easy Homemade Valentines for Kids is perfect for all ages. My friend’s youngest is only 4 and he had a blast getting to sign his name on this Dum-Dum Valentine.
We have two different printable Valentines for kids for you – one that is rectangle and one that is a heart. Choose one or both for the most fun Valentine at your school Valentine party. Whether you choose to make heart cards or plain, it is going to turn out fabulous.
You can do one or the other. Another idea is to do both. I think they are both adorable.
This is a cute square shaped printable with a fun chevron design. It is simple but fun.
Get a free heart shaped printable. I think the heart shaped printable is really adorable and so festive. This handmade valentine will be so cute in the shape of a heart.
Supplies you need
- Construction paper or cardstock. Either of these will work great for the printable. Both are sturdy and will support the sucker.
- Dum – dums – one or two per valentines will be perfect for a Valentine’s day treat. It is up to you.
- Permanent marker. I like to use one of these for the kids to sign their name. It is easy to read and won’t smear by the time they get to school.
- tape. This is optional but really helpful to secure the candy. It does not take much extra time and will help ensure the suckers stay put.
How to assemble
- First, decide which design you want to use and print it out. Then cut out your hearts or rectangles after printing the Valentines.
- Then, add your dum-dums to the Valentines. There are several options to attach the sucker. You can either cut 2 slits for them to slide through or just tape them on. Another option is to use a hole punch.
- Finally, have your little one sign their name. It is that easy! You can add a special message if you prefer but it is not necessary.
Tips and tricks:
- I like to add tape to the back of the printable to secure the dum-dum. This is helpful as they are transported to school so they don’t come off. I find this extra step really helps to keep it all together and it does not take long at all.
- It is best to use card stock or construction paper for the free printables. Either of these will be much sturdier than printer paper and help to support the dum dum.
I do not recommend using printer paper because once you attach the sucker, it will start to hang. You definitely need sturdier paper for this project.
I’m no dum dum valentines
Diy valentines are so fun to make and this one does not disappoint. You don’t need to make elaborate Valentine’s to hand out or spend a ton of money.
These free printables are really cute and absolutely free. You just need to grab some paper and print them out. Add a dum dum and it is that simple.
Kid’s will absolutely love getting candy.
It is that easy.
This is such a fun and frugal valentine idea that anyone can make. Get your free printable valentines today and have a blast.
Homemade cards are so fun and an easy diy. No need to stress once you hear February 14 th. Make these easy valentines.
Everyone loves candy so kids will love these. Combine it with these free printables for a hit at Valentine’s Day.
Leave a comment and let us know which one you decide to make. I know they will turn out great.
More Homemade valentines for kids:
- Let’s Stick Together – Easy Homemade Valentines for Kids
- How to Make a Butterfly Valentine (Easy Homemade Valentines for Kids)
- You are Just “Write” for me – Easy Homemade Valentines for Kids
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
More Valentines day Ideas:
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
- 20 Pink and Red Valentines Day Desserts
- Heart Shaped Wreath