I have to tell you, if you have been looking into how to clean shower head in your bathroom shower , I have a super easy solution for you. You only need a few items to do this and it’s super easy. It does not take long and the results are amazing!
How to clean shower head
So what is the secret ingredient? Vinegar!! You knew I was going to say that didn’t you? Of course, everyone knows vinegar is the almighty cleaner. If you’ve been a reader for a while, you know I used it to clean pee out of a mattress (and it worked great). If you have ever made a homemade cleaner before, you know most of them contain vinegar. You can find 20 Homemade Cleaners here for more ideas! Lots of ideas that do not require harsh chemicals!
Can I be honest with you? Lean in close so you can hear me whisper… I can’t remember the last time I used vinegar to clean shower head in my kids’ bathroom.
Gasp! I know that’s terrible, but I just had to be honest with you.
In case you are wondering what kind of filth we live in, let me just reassure you that I clean the tub on a regular basis. The tile? Yes? Sink and toilet? Of course! What is it about the shower head that causes me to neglect it? I am not sure, but it was long overdue.
How do you clean calcium deposits from a shower head?
If you turn on the water and have a clogged showerhead due to mineral buildup, mineral deposits or hard water, try this trick! You will be amazed at what a little soak in vinegar will do.
Are you ready to see how to clean your shower head?
Besides vinegar, you’ll only need a zip top bag and a rubber band. Let’s do this!
- White Vinegar (I used about 1 cup)
- Zip top bag (I used a gallon size because this was a big shower head)
- Rubber band
How to clean a shower head:
1. Fill a plastic bag with vinegar. I used about 1 cup of vinegar. Place the shower head inside plastic bag, making sure the face of the shower head is fully immersed in the vinegar. Since I used a gallon size bag, I taped up the corners of the bag where all the vinegar wanted to stay. Taping up the sides made the liquid stay in the center. 😉
If you have a smaller shower head, you should be able to use a quart or sandwich size zip top bag.
2. Once you have the shower head positioned well in the vinegar, use the rubber band to secure the bag and soak the showerhead. See my picture below:
How long do you soak your shower head in vinegar?
3. I let my shower head sit in the vinegar for about an hour. That was plenty of time to loosen up all the soap scum and hard water deposits. Once I removed the bag from around the shower head, I used my cleaning toothbrush to remove any remaining deposits. I didn’t have to scrub at all, everything just fell right off.
Once you are happy with how the shower head looked, run the shower for a minute and dry it with a microfiber cloth (like these).
How do you clean a clogged shower head?
I didn’t have to do any scrubbing and I now have this sparkling clean shower head! What do you think? Does your shower head need a little sprucing up?
Let us know what you think of our instructions on how to clean shower head. We’d love to hear from you!
How do you clean a shower head?
Let us know if you have any tips and tricks.
Learn how to clean a bathroom in just 12 minutes! Find out how to keep your house clean with just one daily task.
We have a quick and easy solution for how to get rid of mildew smell and bring the fresh back, and you only need one ingredient. You will be amazed at how fresh everything smells. It is so simple!
Learn how to clean a dry erase board that will get rid of even the most stubborn smudges. This DIY solution is budget friendly and works to clean your dry erase board perfectly.
If you are looking for easy ways to make your home and car smell amazing, try one of these DIY Air Fresheners.