Oh we love Halloween, but costumes are so expensive! I thought I would share with you how to make a Crayon Costume for just about $5 each!
Homemade Crayon Costume
That is WAY cheaper than other Halloween costumes that cost you anywhere form $20 to $30 each! Since we have 4 kids, we try to keep it fun but we don’t want to spend a fortune either!
The cost of costumes can add up so quickly and this is a great way to keep things within the budget.
How to Make a Crayon Costume
It seems I always need more glue than I realize. It’s not fun to run out mid project…..
What you will need for Crayon costume DIY:
- Birthday party hat (for the cone on the head that will be the crayon hat)
- Felt in one color : 1 -2 yards depending how big your kid is
- black felt
- Fabric glue or hot glue
How to make Crayola Crayon Costume:
- Measure your child from the shoulder down to about the knees of the child. Double that measurement and cut your colored felt to that length. Fold in half. The folded side is now the top of your outfit.
- Cut out a triangle in the top for your head.
- Run a stream of fabric or hot glue down the sides to glue the pieces together. (leave the top unglued – about 12 inches so you have arm holes)
- Fold inside out so your glue seam is inside.
- Use the remaining colored fabric to cover the birthday party hat.
- Now take strip of black fabric and cut out 2 rectangles the width of the costume. Cut your rectangle in half length wise with a squiggle. Glue them to the top and bottom leaving a space between the cut rectangles so you can see some color showing through (see picture above).
- Then cut out a BIG oval to glue on the front of the Crayon.
- I then cut out the Letters C-R-A-Y-O-L-A in the colored felt and glued them on the black oval.
What a cute costume idea! Crayola crayons are so fun.
This toddler crayon costume is adorable!
It’s also perfect for an adult or older child. So fun!
Now that you have this crayon hat template, it’s easy to make one for the entire family. It’s easy once you know how to make a crayon tip hat.
I think it would be so fun to have an entire family of crayons! Get everyone involved for an adorable family costume.
It is that easy to make a Crayon Costume Child.
You can totally sew these if you want to, but you don’t have to!! All you need is some glue, scissors, and felt and you have a costume ready to wear in under an hour!
It really is so simple and takes very little time to put together.
Let each child choose what color they want to be. So fun!
If you are wondering if this a good deal, Crayon Costume Amazon ideas range from $12 (on sale) to $27.
So, you are definitely coming out ahead for only spending $5. That is incredibly frugal.
This is perfect if you have several kids that need Halloween costumes. You don’t want to spend a fortune.
Remember, Halloween can still be fun without costing you a fortune! The fun thing about this costume is that everyone in the family can be a different crayon color!
Now that you know how to make a children’s crayon costume, it’s so much fun!
Trick or treat and have fun! Halloween will be a blast!
Find more Crayola Crayon Costume Ideas:
Plus, find Over 30 DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids.
If you are planning on having a Halloween party, try making some of these 15 Halloween Party Appetizers Guests will love.
Also, if you decorations, make one of these DIY Halloween wreath ideas anyone can make.
There are lots of ideas to make your Halloween party a blast! No need to spend a ton of money or time.
Everyone will have a blast at this party. I love that you don’t have to break the bank!
With so many great ideas, Halloween is sure to be a blast at your house! The kids are going to have a ton of fun.
We love these ideas because they leave a big impact with very little time and money spent. Yeah!
If you have any fun and frugal Halloween ideas, please share and let us know. We are always looking for more fun ideas.
Halloween is so fun and we love making crafts, treats and all sorts of cool things. Even better if they are budget friendly and easy to make.
Make sure you check out our other frugal Halloween posts:
- The 10 Best Halloween Movies for Kids
- How to Make a Spider for Halloween
- 20 Fun Non-Candy Halloween Treat Ideas
- 25 Frugal Halloween Craft and Game Ideas
- How to Make a Crayon Costume (Cost only $5)
- FREE Halloween Keep Calm Printables
- 20 Fun and Free Halloween Printables
- 15 Halloween Party Appetizers
- 15 DIY Halloween Wreath Ideas
- How to Decorate a Pumpkin Without Carving it
Check out my other posts that will help you to save money here on our frugal living page.
We are all about saving money around here!