Learn how to make first aid kit for your car and have peace of mind should something happen. It is always better to be prepared so make this travel first aid kit today!
We are showing you how to make first aid kit for your car today!
Summer is just around the corner, which means the kids will be out and about much more. More outside play means more cuts and scrapes. The one thing I do is is make sure I have a first aid kit in the car for when we play at the park or at the kids baseball or soccer games.
However, I’m not going to pay $20 or more on a first aid kit that I know I can make for less. So today I am going to show you how to make first aid kit for your car.
First aid kit ideas:
It is so easy to do and you will be glad you made it. Simply pack this box with items that you would think you would need. For example, band aids and wipes will probably be number one on my things that I need when in the car!
Hopefully last would the the gauze and tapes! I put the gloves on top because that’s what you would need first in a “real” emergency with blood! I wanted to have them close and handy. You never know!
I tossed in some scissors – they are actually baby nail cutting scissors – and tweezers.
I use that little band aid container and it opens and you can toss in a few qtips which fit perfectly inside. You can grab travel band aids for about a buck at the store.
Ideally the gloves you put in there should be latex free in case anyone has allergies. The pencil case is a Sterilite case so don’t spend a ton of money when you can use boxes like this.
Also, I would advise against using anything in an aerosol can. Your car can get hot and the cans can explode! Yikes!
How to make a travel first aid kit:
This is what I included in our first aide kit. However, you can modify the list based on what your family may also need.
- I first found a container that I didn’t use anymore. Use an old container or a pencil container. Anything will work!
- benadryl spray (for itches ike bug bites)
- coppertone stick (free with sunscreen purchase)
- anti-bacterial spray – FREE from a hospital giveaway
- Bandaids and q-tips
- nail clippers and scissors
- hospital first aid kit (has ointment, gauze and bandaid)
- Ponds wet cleansing towelette or antiseptic wipes
As you can see, I shopped my home first and used many items that I already had. No need to buy more when you already have it. Plus, the sample packs and travel sizes are perfect for these travel kits.
It is so easy! The pencil case is the perfect size and holds everything we need perfectly. I bet you have several of these laying around.
If not, you can often find them at your local dollar store for only $1. Don’t forget to shop your house for items you need.
This is a great time to use those travel sized items you already have. Smaller bottles and packages are perfect for your travel kit.
3 tips to make your own diy first aid kit without spending much money.
- Find an old Container that you don’t use anymore. (game holder, Crystal light container, wipes container, freezer size baggy)
- Start collecting samples! These are the perfect size to use.
- Purchase items that you still need like bandages and neosporin on sale.
It is that easy to make a homemade first aid kit.
What all do you put in your first aid kits?
Make a travel first aid kit this week!
You will be so glad to have this traveler first aid in your car for peace of mind. Your travel health will be in better health with so many great items in your first aid kit.
Removing splinters will not be difficult and motion sickness will be an easy fix when you are prepared. Make one of the kits today.
Also, as far as traveling, it is always a good idea to get travel insurance on trips.
Make the most of all of the upcoming travel and have a blast. Make memories and enjoy your time!
Now you know how to make first aid kit for your car!
This will definitely save you a lot of money having everything that you need all in the car. You won’t have to stop and overpay while traveling.
We have all been there and it isn’t any fun. No one likes to overpay for something they already had at home or could have purchased for much less elsewhere.
Save yourself the stress and make this first aid kit today. Not only will it save you money but also time. You can enjoy more of your trip and spend less time making stops to look for items that you need.
We love to save money and time so this is just a great first aid kit DIY to put together. Spend more money on the things you want and not on the things you have to. Having this kit in the car will definitely help with that.
Let us know if there is something else you are putting in your first aid kit.
More Ways to Save Money:
- 5 Ways to save money in the Garden
- How to Save money on Amazon
- 12 Ways to save money on the water bill
- Save on Internet
- How to save Money by Using Your City Library
- How to Save Money at Hobby Lobby
Try these other travel and vacation tips:
- 9 Ways to save money on beach vacations
- 4 Things to do on a Road trip with Kids
- 13 Tips to Saving for Disney World Vacation
- 11 Tips to Plan a Disney Vacation on a Budget
- Carnival cruise tips for first timers
- Saving for Disney World Vacation