I’m excited to share this easy DIY project for you to do at home. We are making soap at home. This time we are making tie dye soap because I just love how it looks. The kids have a blast making their own soap and we like to put it in the guest bathroom or in the kitchen by the kitchen sink.
Our guests think it is so fun. Plus, the kids just love making it.
What you need:
- Melt & Pour Soap Base (Purchase here or at Michaels)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Liquid Soap Colorants
- Molding Tray – You can buy it on Amazon here.
- Small stick, toothpick or straw
- Small Spray Bottle filled with Rubbing Alcohol (Optional)
How to make soap at home:
1. Place your Melt & Pour Soap base on a flat surface and using your knife cut it into 1 inch cubes. I cut about 10 cubes for 2 full bars of soap.
2. Place your cut cubes into your bowl and place in the microwave for 35 seconds. Once the cycle is finished remove from the microwave and give it a quick stir to make sure all the cubes are melted down to liquid. This is a great time to add in some essential oils if you want. I would add him some lavendar. You can read about how to buy essential oils here.
3. Place your molding tray on a flat surface and add a drop of red and a drop of green on the base cof the mold.
4. Now quickly pour your soap into the molds filling up each cavity to the top.
5. Once your molds are filled grab your soap colorant and drop in a color of red, blue, green and yellow and quickly using your stick/straw start to swirl the design around.
6. You’ll notice the color starts to sink to the bottom and then comes back to the top. This is creating the tie dye effect at the bottom.
7. Spritz the tops of your soaps with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any air bubbles
8. Allow to sit in mold for at least 2 hours.
9. Remove soap from mold and enjoy.
This soap is so easy to make and a great DIY projects for kids to help out with. When you’re ready to use the soap just get it wet and lather up and enjoy.