Learning how to stockpile can be tricky if you are short on space. Find out how to make the most of your space and still create a nice stockpile for your family.
12 tips to stockpile when you are short on space
Building a stockpile when you are short on space is still possible. I live in a small house and there isn’t very much space to store much of anything. You can still store a decent stockpile even in the small space I have. Here are 12 tips for stockpiling when you are short on space.
This will help ensure you don’t lose anything and streamline all your items.
2. Use over the door organizers to store smaller items.
You will be amazed at what can fit inside these organizers. It also helps smaller items from becoming lost.
3. Store items under the kitchen and bathroom sinks.
I like to get the small bins from the dollar store and put under the sink for these items.
4. Use the area over the cabinets to store items.
This is often forgotten space that can be used for stockpile items.
5. Get creative and start storing non-perishable items under your bed.
This is perfect and out of sight!
6. Add a rollout pantry to your home to get additional pantry space for your stockpile.
Think outside the box to maximize storage. This can double your pantry space.
7. Store items on top of your fridge.
Many people have cabinets on top of the fridge that would be perfect for more items. Even without cabinets, you can use the top of the fridge for storage.
8. Add an over the toilet storage shelf to store your stockpile items.
These are perfect and can also help if you don’t have a linen closet in your bathroom.
9. Put a bookcase in the closet, and use it to store items.
Many people have extra bookcases anyway and this is such a good idea to maximize space.
10. Is your dresser top clear? Then use it to add bins or cubbies for your stockpile.
You can grab these bins or cubbies for cheap at the dollar store!
11. Use your linen closet as a stockpile room.
If you have a linen closet, it can easily double as your stockpile room! Think outside the box!
12. Rent a storage unit.
This should be a last resort, but it is an option. Consider it your own personal grocery store!
How to stockpile when you have no space doesn’t have to be impossible!
Choose several of these tips to get creative and maximize storage.
Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning is a huge way to reduce the budget. Learn 8 tips to save big!