I am so excited about an easy DIY project for you – Patriotic Flips Flops! These are one of my favorite 4th of July crafts for kids, because they are so easy to make and every inexpensive. You can make them in less than 20 minutes and for under $5! Talk about a frugal craft to do with your daughters.
Materials need to make these Patriotic Flip Flops
- Blue or Red flip flops (I found mine for only $1 at Dollar Tree)
- Patriotic Ribbon: Joanns & Hobby Lobby both have awesome $1.00 ribbon sections. I found that I needed at least 2 rolls of each color I wanted to use. You can use thin or thicker ribbon for a different look. (Amazon has some beautiful patriotic ribbon on sale too)
- Ruler or measuring tape to measure the ribbon
Directions to make adorable 4th of July Flips Flops
These are so easy to make!
- Measure and cut your ribbon 6” in length. You will want to cut 20 pieces of ribbon for each flip flop. Get the kids involved. This is easy for little hands to do.
- Once all your ribbon is cut, simply start tying each one across the top of the flip flop strap and double knot it.
- Repeat this step with all the ribbon until the flip flops are full. You can chang the look by using less ribbon or more ribbon.
This was super quick and easy to make. Total… I spent about 20 minutes to complete.
Aren’t they just adorable?
Get ready for 4th of July or Memorial Day with these fun and festive 13 Quick and Easy patriotic decorations you can make today!
Now if you want to buy everything at the dollar store, you can. My Dollar Tree has plain colors ribbon for a dollar, so I could have bought everything at my local Dollar Tree.
If you don’t want to make patriotic flip flops, you can do this with any colors and have really fun flip flops for your kids!
Try these 30 Mouthwatering 4th of July Recipes. There is something for everyone!
We have several 4th of July front porch ideas. You will love these patriotic outdoor decorations. They are so festive and your home will have amazing curb appeal.
Let’s talk about some quick and easy 4th of July decorations today. All you need is some red, white, blue, and a little creativity.
Try some of these other 4th of July crafts:
Popsicle Stick flags – love this!
Painted lawn stars – so fun!